LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Wheels/Tires

axis008

not into bridgestone/firestone due to the exploding tire situation. i can't believe the 2.5i even comes with RE92's! i've had the worst experiences with these, as mine slid on ice. in another car, brand new, it felt like it was sliding all over the place in the rain. i replaced them after 1k miles. i'm so glad word has gotten around. these tires should not be sold anymore...at least the S and H rated ones. they're quite dangerous. my old BFG KDWS were the grippiest tires ever. but i'm a michelin man these days...actually, michelin owns BFG. i'm going with the rainforce.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7stars, yes it has been an issue within the enthusiast community for several years now, with no avail to getting the RE92 situation remedied. I'm hoping some of us can have a chat with our Subaru rep when we get a factory tour of SIA hopefully at the end of the summer/early fall. SC GT, guess we're on opposite sides of the ball. I know of several with problems with customer service and it taking them forever to get the product out, multiple times of losing orders, etc. The quality issues I know of stemmed from some of their earlier and lighter models, but none-the-less, they weren't exactly isolated incidents. I haven't heard of any issues with Tarmac II's and it seems to be a rather strong design, but I'll let others put more miles on them before I'd give them a shot.

[quote name='7stars']not into bridgestone/firestone due to the exploding tire situation. but i'm a michelin man these days...actually, michelin owns BFG. i'm going with the rainforce.[/quote] If you want to stay away from Bridgestone because of the "exploding tire situation", then you should also stay away from Michelin, for the same reasons. See this link: [url]http://www.consumeraffairs.com/tires/michelin.html[/url] Bottom line, every tire manufaturer has at one time or another manufactured lemon tires.

Yeah, continental and kumho have also had blowout problems. but none of their top people publically blamed the drivers like bridgestone. these days i don't drive hard enough to need a RE950, plus the rainforce has a 85k warranty. the other top notch rain tire is the goodyear

[quote name='brady_bunch']Hey, DM, you have pretty much the same weather as I do. What kinds of tires are you looking at for your GT?[/quote] Any of those summer oriented performance tires SUBE metioned would suit me nicely and I really like SO-3 Pole Positions, but they are $$$. [quote name='SUBE555'] -Potenza 050's (I know a couple of people that really like them including Paul and Anton as well as HA-Evolution on his S2000) -BFG G-Force KDW & KDW 2 (near always gets good marks from reviews) -Potenza S-03's (great performing, just generally wear a bit faster) -PZero Nero M&S -Potenza RE750 -Kumho ECSTA MX [/quote]

I think I'm going to go with the PZero Nero M&S (yes... I changed my mind [i][b]again[/b][/i]). TireRack has it as one of (if not THE) top rated tire in stock size PLUS it's cheaper than all the others I'm looking at @ $116 each. Treadwear is also higher than most others for the performance. Recommendations from folks on this site don't hurt, either. :D

Archived