LegacyGT.com

2008 subaru spec B question. CE28 sick!!!

so i just baught a 2008 spec B Grey Diamond M, and instantly dropped some gunmetel grey 19x8 volk CE28 's on it. 235/35/19. then i put some TIEN lowering springs...very sick!!! Now my tmps light is on. i do not want to take the OG spec B wheels apart. they must remain perfect, very nice wheel. so i want to buy new ones , the sensor that is. subaru does not know the part number yet, to new. so i was hoping someone here might know if the 07 is the same?? or some other solution?

sorry no picture have not taken any yet...putting on Fujitsobo exhaust today!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tire pressure monitoring system...TPMS

check tirerack as I believe they have a good selection of information on the TPMS and aftermarket wheels since TPMS will be on all cars in the near future

tire pressure monitoring system...TPMS

check tirerack as I believe they have a good selection of information on the TPMS and aftermarket wheels since TPMS will be on all cars in the near future

In other words, everyone will be driving around with TPMS warning lights permanently on in the near future. It took my dealer three tries to reset the light properly after rotating my tires. Feels like it's going to be a frequent annoyance, but we'll see.

I would say take pics of your car first for us to see, then put the old wheels on and then see if the error goes away within 30 or so miles

FYI mine went off the 3rd week I had my car, had to add more pressure, it went away after 30 or so miles

TPMS sensors for an '08 at Tirerack for $167 /set. Make sure your new Volk's will take TPMS sensors, some rims won't.

And yeah... take some pics! Put them in the QSM thread too! ;)

Online won't let you add TPMS sensors alone, they need to be with a wheel/tire package. If you call them and ask though, they;ll probably sell them to you. I called to ask about them and they said they'd sell them to me solo.

so i just baught a 2008 spec B Grey Diamond M, and instantly dropped some gunmetel grey 19x8 volk CE28 's on it. 235/35/19. then i put some TIEN lowering springs...very sick!!! Now my tmps light is on. i do not want to take the OG spec B wheels apart. they must remain perfect, very nice wheel. so i want to buy new ones , the sensor that is. subaru does not know the part number yet, to new. so i was hoping someone here might know if the 07 is the same?? or some other solution?

sorry no picture have not taken any yet...putting on Fujitsobo exhaust today!!

dunno why anyone else is having a hard time understanding. i did just fine.

Will a different system work with Subaru's system?

i can't answer that question. i'd have to do some research on it, i just ran across the tirerack stuff when getting some price quotes for other items :rolleyes:

its funny because the dealer doesn't list a part number. i did say that, and all new wheels are compatible, u just need to add the sensor. thanx for some advice but the spell check thing can kiss it...if u don't know then don't write some dumb shit.........

Archived