LegacyGT.com

F1 vs Champ Car vs NASCAR – lap times compared

PhilT

Something to throw at the rednecks next time they go on about their beloved Nascar;

Around the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, all 3 of the above racing series have held races, and this is how they fared:

F1

Fastest Laps

1:13.622 Rubens Barrichello (2004) - Lap record

1:16.367 Fernando Alonso (2007)

Champ Car

Fastest Laps

1:20.238 Dario Franchitti (2002)

1:22.325 Sebastien Bourdais (2006)

NASCAR (Busch series)

Fastest Laps

1:43.198 Ron Fellows (2007) - from this weekend's practice sessions

How about sport bikes? do they race there? yeah obviously some cars are faster then others. which form of motor sports you chose to support is not necessarily due to fastest lap times. maybe you like the highest speed of drag racing? maybe you like the bump and run of nascar? maybe you like the hard to pronounce names of open wheel maybe you like the sideways action of dirt tracks and sprint cars? maybe you like the car crushing in monster trucks? maybe you like the dog races or horses or cow pie bingo or sail boat racing or whatever else.

cliff notes: dumb point

Not a big fan of Neckcar here by any means but put them on a superspeedway & remove the restrictor plate.....

I remember back in the late 80's early 90's one of the auto rags did just that. The indy car topped out just over 220...the Neckar.....just a hair under 240

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I know it's apples and oranges, but I just couldn't believe how much slower the Nascar guys are, I mean, 30 seconds a lap :eek:

I'd take a guess and say the F1 safety car can go around faster than that :lol:

you're forgetting how much each car weighs and the size of tires they are using..

go look up some of the lap times of where a 250cc shifter superkart vs a GT-LM Corvette runs.. the 250cc shifter just eats up normal cars and it's near champ car levels.. when was the last time you saw a car take a turn at over 100 mph when a production car can only do 40 mph in the same turn? Shifter karts are indeed SICK.

Keefe

The Legacy would run a 1:10-1:13 depending on the grounding kit. Spec B would do 1:08 or better.

Mine would run 45 seconds, but 10 of those seconds is me just getting the car warmed up and the fuel primed at the start line. =P

Keefe

you're forgetting how much each car weighs and the size of tires they are using..

go look up some of the lap times of where a 250cc shifter superkart vs a GT-LM Corvette runs.. the 250cc shifter just eats up normal cars and it's near champ car levels.. when was the last time you saw a car take a turn at over 100 mph when a production car can only do 40 mph in the same turn? Shifter karts are indeed SICK.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That's the fun of a kart. Everyone sees it at the first turn,flat out, expecting a crash and then thinks Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa???????:lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

:lol:

This is the same Coulturd that says he would beat Hamilton if he was still with McLaren :lol:

Put your butt in a real race Kart, go wot to the first turn, then laugh.;)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived