LegacyGT.com

Brake line problem

turbobum

I just tried to install a new set of COBB SS brake lines, but during the installation it turns out they don't fit. I've tried everything. I held the new brake line against the old one and sure enough, it's close, but not exactly the same. I got the six line kit so I know it's not the WRX kit. My brakes are stock.

Anyone install a set of COBB SS brake lines?

Is the Cobb part #123140?

If so, it should fit. Is the problem in the middle hard lines part?

I installed them on my BE and the only problem I had was the clips didn't fit well.

I bent one, but wasn't satisfied, so i used the oem ones. very tight fit, but they worked well.

advise

O.

I just tried to install a new set of COBB SS brake lines, but during the installation it turns out they don't fit. I've tried everything. I held the new brake line against the old one and sure enough, it's close, but not exactly the same. I got the six line kit so I know it's not the WRX kit. My brakes are stock.

Anyone install a set of COBB SS brake lines?

please reread the "Rules". thanks bosco

8) If you come across a post that you feel is inappropriate, please use the "Report" function and notify us.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

please reread the "Rules". thanks bosco

8) If you come across a post that you feel is inappropriate, please use the "Report" function and notify us.

wrong place perhaps....................

O.

I'm still waiting to get my new brake lines. The ones I have do not fit, so I'm hoping for better luck when I get the new ones. I'll post as soon as I get them installed.

I'm worried they're all like this. The lines I had were really close to the stock ones. Just not close enough. There were visibly different, but only if you held them side-by-side.

I'm still waiting to get my new brake lines. The ones I have do not fit, so I'm hoping for better luck when I get the new ones. I'll post as soon as I get them installed.

I'm worried they're all like this. The lines I had were really close to the stock ones. Just not close enough. There were visibly different, but only if you held them side-by-side.

what did Cobb say? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I haven't talked w/COBB yet. The vender is sending me a new set. Hopefully they'll fit.

I'll be away from home for another three weeks, so I won't be able to install the new lines until then.

No one seems to complain about the Goodridge lines, they're cheaper too...kinda wished I had gone with those.

I'll give an update.

what did Cobb say? bosco

• 4 weeks later...
Just an aside, as I was tracking this thread as well. I got and installed the lines from fastwrx.com, not sure what manufacturer (they were red coated SS braids). no problems, beautiful install, achieved the desired affect ... pedal feel and stopping.

Installed a set of Goodridge lines with no fitment issues at all. The difference in pedal feel is evident the first time you apply the brakes. I adapted very quickly to the greater sensitivity in around town driving, I haven't had to do an emergency stop yet. I dont' expect the actual stopping distance to change much, if at all, since I haven't upgraded the pads or the tires, but if the instantaneous response buys a couple of feet during the initial loading fo the system I'm good with that.

Archived