LegacyGT.com

Lowest GAS mileage

and those last two posts talking about SUV's and family sedans....good gracious......what school do you go to ?

:lol::lol:

….my record lowest is 12 ……who’s with me ?

The Tahoe gets 13 mpg. You wanna really make a dent? Get an S4. :rolleyes:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^^You really don't get it do you :(

No I get it just fine, I still think its stupid. I complain about the dings in my sporty looking car and Im not having a competition to see who has more/less dings in their door than me. Can anyone beat my 40+ door dings? Anyone? Let the shopping carts roll!

....anyone have a Saturn? Cause thats cheating.

No I get it just fine, I still think its stupid. I complain about the dings in my sporty looking car and Im not having a competition to see who has more/less dings in their door than me. Can anyone beat my 40+ door dings? Anyone? Let the shopping carts roll!

If you think the thread is stupid then don't participate in it. Otherwise you display troll like behavior. I run across stupid threads here every day, but I don't feel the need to post in them.:rolleyes:

I have had some pretty lousy averages. I think my worst was about 14.2mpg.

Now if you want to talk about burning fuel I have burned it up at the rate of about 9-12 gallons per mile. I did it again last night. 238.0 miles and we burned up 3.1 gallons per mile average between two locomotives. 737.8 gallons into the combustion chambers.

Dude, that's alot HP how long was the load ?

Now I'm realy starting to wonder about this dude......... :confused:

Dude, that's alot HP how long was the load ?

If I remember right we had on 124 empty coal hoppers, and three locomotives. We isolated one engine in the lead consist to save some fuel. I think we were 7010 feet long.

The largest train I have had was a loaded 150 car hopper train with four motors. We weighed in at 21450 tons, and we couldn't stop anywhere because we didn't fit and would block too many grade crossings. I think the length was 8400 feet or so.

If I remember right we had on 124 empty coal hoppers, and three locomotives. We isolated one engine in the lead consist to save some fuel. I think we were 7010 feet long.

The largest train I have had was a loaded 150 car hopper train with four motors. We weighed in at 21450 tons, and we couldn't stop anywhere because we didn't fit and would block too many grade crossings. I think the length was 8400 feet or so.

That sounds just like fun.....:cool:

That sounds just like fun.....:cool:

Fun is taking light power to another terminal. Track speed the whole way baby! On duty maybe four hours.:) We don't get any more high priority trains much anymore, except the odd Boeing train. Those are fun too. One or two new engines, and maybe three Boeing cars loaded with assembled 737 fuselages, and three more with jet engines and wing/tail assemblies. The dispatcher hold everything else up, and you haul ass to the next terminal. Boeing trains kick ass!

Those long heavy coal trains are a pain though. You need have helpers to get over long steep grades, climb all the others at what seems like walking speed. Slow trips on those.

Fun is taking light power to another terminal. Track speed the whole way baby! On duty maybe four hours.:) We don't get any more high priority trains much anymore, except the odd Boeing train. Those are fun too. One or two new engines, and maybe three Boeing cars loaded with assembled 737 fuselages, and three more with jet engines and wing/tail assemblies. The dispatcher hold everything else up, and you haul ass to the next terminal. Boeing trains kick ass!

Those long heavy coal trains are a pain though. You need have helpers to get over long steep grades, climb all the others at what seems like walking speed. Slow trips on those.

You are a rare bird, Penguin.;) A locomotive engineer who seems to like his job! Do you work for a regional, short line railroad?

You are a rare bird, Penguin.;) A locomotive engineer who seems to like his job! Do you work for a regional, short line railroad?

Nope I work for the BNSF on the Powder River Division, and as a point of correction I am not an Engineer I am a Conductor. I'll get into the Engine Program next year if possible, being a Conductor on unit coal trains is boring as hell.

Nope I work for the BNSF on the Powder River Division, and as a point of correction I am not an Engineer I am a Conductor. I'll get into the Engine Program next year if possible, being a Conductor on unit coal trains is boring as hell.

Do they keep you on call as a conductor? My cousin is an engineer and the hours are really crappy and are only getting worse.

Do they keep you on call as a conductor? My cousin is an engineer and the hours are really crappy and are only getting worse.

Yes, I work on call but I don't mind at this point. My former military service was much worse for having a lousy schedule. What railroad does your cousin work for?

Norfolk Southern out of Decatur, Ill.

I figured either NS or CSX.

At least it's not CSX, that company seems oblivious to any kind of equipment or road upkeep. Accidents galore, the NTSB has called them a rolling pyrotechnics show.

I got a friend of mine who works for BNSF that is on the trains around the North Dakota upper midwest..But I know for sure when I visited my roommates home in Fort Worth, TX his next door neighbor is the VP of BNSF or whatever it's been a while and I'm sure sure if I remember right

I think it down to 8.x during the last session at the track.
I think that's what mine was at during the last AutoX...somewhere in the 8's. It's higher than I thought it would be really - flooring it around the track in 1st gear. I'll try & do better Sunday. ;)
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Archived