LegacyGT.com

Lowest GAS mileage

Not sure if my car is some kind of freak of nature, but I average 25mpg. If I do a lot of highway, I get 27-28mpg. Of course, if I beat on it then it goes down. Are people really getting in the teens for mileage? I used to get that in my V8 4Runner.

I was averaging 14-16 in town and 19-21 on the highway.

After 2 years of bitching to my local dealership and Subaru of America, the service manager had a Suburu tech take a look at it. Supposedly they didn't find any problems or make any repairs, but my car was there for 2 days.

Now, I get 18-19 in town and 25-27 on the highway. Is there any way I can find out if they changed anything? My feeling is that the dealer didn't want to take the blame for not taking a look at things sooner....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was averaging 14-16 in town and 19-21 on the highway.

After 2 years of bitching to my local dealership and Subaru of America, the service manager had a Suburu tech take a look at it. Supposedly they didn't find any problems or make any repairs, but my car was there for 2 days.

Now, I get 18-19 in town and 25-27 on the highway. Is there any way I can find out if they changed anything? My feeling is that the dealer didn't want to take the blame for not taking a look at things sooner....

Maybe they reflashed ur ECU as a precaution and that turned out to be the problem, they just didn't know it

Maybe they reflashed ur ECU as a precaution and that turned out to be the problem, they just didn't know it

I was thinking the same thing, as the car definitely drives differently now. However, I always have my clock set ahead some random amount and its the same (or about the same) as it was when I dropped it off.

If they didn't do anything to it, then why did the service manager call me to say they want to keep it for another day. At the end of the second day, they took it for a 140 mile drive. If they wanted to prove me wrong and say nothing is wrong with it, why didn't they drive it when I first brought it in?

Yeah, I'm sure your right.... but how fun is that? :rolleyes:

Hey, if we wanted GREAT gas mileage, we would be posting in a CiViC Hybrid Owners Association forum right! ;)

EXACTLY !!!!!!! :icon_razz

Archived