LegacyGT.com

Miles at delivery!?!? Everyone chime in! :)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Opie']It's not unusual at all for a few cars to have that type of mileage straight from the factory. As part of Subaru's commitment to providing a quality product, certain cars are chosen at random for test drives and inspections to check the quality at the factory. It's not a big deal, just consider your car "double-checked" for quality.[/QUOTE] This is probably correct. a friend of mine is a Ford dealer and I've seen more than a few Fords with added factory window stickers pointing out that this particular car was tested for a few extra miles at the factory.

Good grief..PLEASE let this rest. This is so inane it's unbelievable. This is what happens when someone asks a stupid question on an otherwise informative forum. Defend this thread if you like, but dumbing-down a forum has been brought to a new level. 10, 30, 50, 2,.......Who the hell cares...get lives, folks, spend time time with your family stop posting nonsense. Let the flaming begin....I don't care. No excuse for incessant stupidity and vapidness.

Hey bolbo, My car had zero miles on it when I took it for a test drive, and zero point two when I left the lot. I had them flatbed the car to my house so I could have it in my garage with no miles on it, just because I can. I still haven't driven it, and I don't think I ever will, so I can preserve this moment of perfectly zero mileage FOREVER. :) Don't you love it when you're completely ignored and people continue on their mission to inform you of what you want to know the least? I've noticed several attempts to kill the thread, but others are apparently not willing to let this thread die without letting the world know how many miles their cars came with when they bought it. Good try, tho.

[size=2][u]nOOb guide to LegacyGT.com[/u] [/size] [size=2]Make a Intorduction without pics [/size] [size=2]Ask everyone if I got a good deal [/size] [size=2]Post to the miles at delivery thread ;) [/size] [size=2]Stinky clutch thread [/size] [size=2]Complain about the 92’s[/size] [font='Times New Roman'][font=Verdana][size=2]Ask what power mods to do[/size][/font][/font]

[quote name='redline76']Don't you love it when you're completely ignored and people continue on their mission to inform you of what you want to know the least? I've noticed several attempts to kill the thread, but others are apparently not willing to let this thread die without letting the world know how many miles their cars came with when they bought it. Good try, tho.[/QUOTE] Unsubscribe from the thread (at the top of the page under thread tools) is your friend. Just pull the plug and don't leave a response otherwise, you'll get another reminder. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Who the hell cares...get lives, folks, spend time time with your family stop posting nonsense. Let the flaming begin....I don't care. No excuse for incessant stupidity and vapidness. Well I'm still waiting for mine to get here. I just hope it comes in with an even number of miles because everyone knows that odd numbers are bad luck. Personally I'm hoping for 8. Everyone keep there fingers crossed.:lol:

[QUOTE=CJ's GT]Who the hell cares...get lives, folks, spend time time with your family stop posting nonsense. Let the flaming begin....I don't care. No excuse for incessant stupidity and vapidness. Well I'm still waiting for mine to get here. I just hope it comes in with an even number of miles because everyone knows that odd numbers are bad luck. Personally I'm hoping for 8. Everyone keep there fingers crossed.:lol:[/QUOTE] What?!?? You haven't even taken delivery of your Subaru and you've already wasted precious bandwidth on 14 trivial posts that none of us even care about?

[quote name='STG']What?!?? You haven't even taken delivery of your Subaru and you've already wasted precious bandwidth on 14 trivial posts that none of us even care about?[/QUOTE] I think you're bashing the wrong guy STG. CJ's GT was quoting bolbo a few posts up with the "who the hell cares" PS. 28 miles, 10 of which were 2 of my test drives.
.o0O0o.

[quote name='Subietonic']Unsubscribe from the thread (at the top of the page under thread tools) is your friend. Just pull the plug and don't leave a response otherwise, you'll get another reminder. SBT[/QUOTE] Cheers! -w-

Good grief..PLEASE let this rest. This is so inane it's unbelievable. This is what happens when someone asks a stupid question on an otherwise informative forum. Defend this thread if you like, but dumbing-down a forum has been brought to a new level. 10, 30, 50, 2,.......Who the hell cares...get lives, folks, spend time time with your family stop posting nonsense. Let the flaming begin....I don't care. No excuse for incessant stupidity and vapidness.

This is what happens when someone absolutely knows they are right and gets upset that the rest of the world does't agree with them.

Here's an idea: If it bothers you so much, just ignore the thread. You've posted the same complaint here 4 times in the last 2 1/2 months. It's one thing to state your opinion, it's another to continue to harp on something, hoping that some day the unenlightened will finally see the wisdom of your thinking. Obviously, not everone agrees with your sentiments. If there was someone like you in my family, the less time spent with them the better. I don't need anybody cramming their opinions down my throat.

Thanks for all your informative posts about how silly, dumb, insane, stupid, nonsensical and vapid we are. How will I ever carry on now that I know the truth about myself?

fire.jpg.bb07849b51ba4391c0fe21b679474e05.jpg

[quote name='ellivnad']I think you're bashing the wrong guy STG. CJ's GT was quoting bolbo a few posts up with the "who the hell cares" PS. 28 miles, 10 of which were 2 of my test drives.[/QUOTE] No, I looked up all 14 of his posts and he has wasted bandwidth!:lol::lol:

TRS, your little picture is really heart-warming. Thanks. You can be a defender of idiocy til you're blue in the face, I stand by my remark. Sure, I could be kinder and more tolerant. But the fact is that I'd rather suggest that certain folks can better spend their time with their family than post totally inconsequential ( to anything living or dead) material. You, however, who doesn't like to be 'crammed', are ired by my persistence to be intolerant and, in turn, need to point out my own flaws. You have your thresholds and so do I. You defend idiocy; I suggest that certain posters stop wasting their lives. What mileage number did you reply for this thread? Wow! Let me ponder that for sometime! And, for clarification, I suppose what really bothers me is the orginal poster's exclamation "EVERYBODY, chime in!". No, please don't tell 'me' what's important. I don't have to subscribe to this any more than TRS has to be happy with me. But the dumbing down of this forum with this thread (while, admittedly, easily avoided) by someone suggesting that this is what we should 'all' do next with our time, well, I just contest that thought. I consider myself done here on this thread, unless the flames continue.

[quote name='bolbo']But the fact is that I'd rather suggest that certain folks can better spend their time with their family than post totally inconsequential ( to anything living or dead) material. [/QUOTE] Pot calling the kettle black?

You're welcome, bolbo. It sure seemed like your heart needed a little warming. Too bad it made you a little steamed under the collar. What you have decided is totally inconsequential material may be entertaining or even informative to others. If the moderators of this board feel that this topic is bad for the forum then they can lock it or better yet, remove it. As long as the thread remains open you'll just have to suffer the fools as you check it (strickly for flames, of course). For clarification, what really bothers me is your persistance in telling everyone to stop chiming in because they most assuredly have better things to do with their lives. "No, please don't tell 'me' what's important." - sound familiar?

• 1 month later...
back to the original point of the thread... Picked mine up this past Friday with 11 miles on the ODO. Straight off the truck and a factory order. It matters a whole lot to me that I am the only person breaking in my new $30k ride. Ditto for my motorcyles. My '03 4Runner had 3 miles on it. Just kinda cool to feel like you are responsible for every mile on yer new Subie. :D I have heard about the Subaru quality check where they pick random cars off the factory floor which would make sense. Also the holding lots here on the West Coast are *huge*, which means lots of shuffling of cars just to get on the dealer delivery trucks. Then there is the dealer delivery lot which may be a few miles away, PDI, etc.

Archived