LegacyGT.com

Miles at delivery!?!? Everyone chime in! :)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[size=2][font=Arial]Well, I guess we will add to the study…[/font][/size] [size=2][font=Arial] [/font][/size] [size=2][font=Arial] The first Outback we test drove from out local dealer had 29 miles on it when we drove it, 38 after driving it. We went back a few days later and arranged an overnight (24 hour) test drive. We do this with every car we buy, it’s really the only way to see real world if it is what we want, and fulfills our needs. Some dealers are better about it than others. Car had 143 miles on it when we returned it. We liked the one we drove, but it had an odd thumping noise to the exhaust, that while present in all the ones we drove, was significantly more pronounced in this car. Started talking numbers with the dealer, and told them we wanted a different car because of our concern for the noise. Dealer got pissed off, negotiations broke down with a lot of attitude from the dealer, so we walked out. Ended up buying from another local dealer, much more pleasant experience, had the car we wanted on the lot, told them what I wanted to pay before I even drove down. The car we bought had 14 miles on it when we got there, took it for a test drive, so the as delivered mileage was 26 and some change… Sorry for the long winded reply.[/font][/size] [size=2][font=Arial] [/font][/size][color=black][font=Verdana]__________________ ~Scott & Nadia '05 Outback 2.5i Wagon Willow Green Opal/ Moss Green Metallic 225/60HR16 BFG Traction T/A's[/font][/color]

Mine had 10 miles on it before the test drive. I had called the dealer and told them exactly what I was looking for before I got there. They had the car with very close configuration delivered by coincidence just that week. Upon test drive, I had already started the paperwork for the purchase so considered the test drive as part of my ownership already.

8 Miles. The car was a dealer transfer, but I went with the sales rep to pick it up and drove it myself. Probably more anal then I needed to be, but I just had a mental picture of the car bouncing off the rev limiter the whole way to the dealership.

• 2 weeks later...
Respectfully, this is a silly question and now an even more silly thread. 43 miles. Please. It's brand new. What's your beef? Why does everyone have to chime in and list higher or lower numbers to satisfy you? It's a new car, relax. Who cares where the original miles came from. What difference can it possibly make? 43!!!! Get over it. No offense, just can't believe that this is a concern to anybody.

Mine had 320mi I got it sent from Tampa to Miami... The dealer said it was shipped on a truck....hmmmmmm I think the miles are test drive miles from the other dealership... They recieved it back in July 04. Man I hope people didnt dawg it! It feels fine and drives great. Still I will baby it a bit, and get an oil change earlier than sched.

Archived