LegacyGT.com

'08 Impreza Price Breakdown Leaked

chenc544

WRX 5MT starts at MSRP $2,4350.

It's cheaper across the board when compared against '07 models, not counting the '07 TR.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/07/08pricing.jpg

bang for buck? disagreed. A 07 spec.b is 33,995 and a 07 sti is 33,495. both cars are close in performance but the sti will take the crown (marginally) in every test. now many will argue that the spec.b is just blingy bolt-ons (those that disregard the transmission, suspension, lsd, tires and dare i say wheels), so compare the gt at 28,295 (manual, no navi) and the legacy gt starts looking a little bit better on paper, but for a performance car the sti still performs better for the money as you are going to spend more than $5k on engine, transmission, suspension, brakes and tires to match the sti. A evo still outperforms an sti at 28,679. A WRX comes in at 24,995, it has the same tires and tranny as the LGT, weighs less, and about the same suspension. $3,300 under the hood of that thing is going to show a LGT up any day of the week.

But,,, when you buy a car based on bang for the buck you loose in other departments where the legacy really shines and brings out its true value. Subaru is taking a new direction with the WRX, its worth the little extra cash, but I think the legacy still offers more value. I just wouldn't call it the king at bang for buck.

Subaru is taking a new direction with the WRX, its worth the little extra cash, but I think the legacy still offers more value.

Once again, the '08 lineup is in fact CHEAPER than the '07. When you do a side by side comparison between different trim levels the '08 sedans are ~$500 -1000 cheaper. The wagon are about the same price as the 5-door. The only difference is that there is no TR model and the top of the line WRX comes with Nav now, so that adds cost.

Here is 2007 price breakdown for the WRX.

WRX TR (tuner ready) sedan, manual transmission 7JC $23,995 +$625 = $24,620

WRX sedan manual transmission 7JD $24,995 +$625 = $25,620

WRX Limited sedan, manual trans 7JE, 7JF $27,495 +$625 = $28,120

WRX Limited sedan, automatic trans 7JG, 7JH $28,495 +$625 = $29,120

WRX wagon, manual transmission 7LC $24,495 +$625 = $25,120

WRX Limited wagon, manual transmission 7LE, 7LF $26,995 +$625 = $27,620

WRX Limited wagon, automatic trans 7LG, 7LH $27,995 +$625 = $28,620

bang for buck? disagreed. A 07 spec.b is 33,995 and a 07 sti is 33,495. both cars are close in performance but the sti will take the crown (marginally) in every test. now many will argue that the spec.b is just blingy bolt-ons (those that disregard the transmission, suspension, lsd, tires and dare i say wheels), so compare the gt at 28,295 (manual, no navi) and the legacy gt starts looking a little bit better on paper, but for a performance car the sti still performs better for the money as you are going to spend more than $5k on engine, transmission, suspension, brakes and tires to match the sti. A evo still outperforms an sti at 28,679. A WRX comes in at 24,995, it has the same tires and tranny as the LGT, weighs less, and about the same suspension. $3,300 under the hood of that thing is going to show a LGT up any day of the week.

But,,, when you buy a car based on bang for the buck you loose in other departments where the legacy really shines and brings out its true value. Subaru is taking a new direction with the WRX, its worth the little extra cash, but I think the legacy still offers more value. I just wouldn't call it the king at bang for buck.

But your only looking at performance. Think about utility also. The legacy is far better in terms of it's versatility (ie transporting kids, home depot runs). Plus your car doesn't look like a boy racer does runs with it on main street :lol:

well maybe its just my interpretation of bang, to me it means go. a legacy has more go stock for stock over a wrx but it costs significantly more. i did say however that i believe the legacy to have more value than the wrx, versatility is definitely one aspect of that.

i actually am waiting for the new impreza 2.5i sedan to come out. they are built on a legacy platform and the interior is supposed to be much better than the past generations of imprezas. add leather, nav, moonroof, heated seats and 6-disc mp3 for a little bit less than a legacy 2.5i ltd.

Archived