LegacyGT.com

Stock Wheel Weight

tallguylehigh

Stock wheel and tire(re92's) combo is 56lbs each side.

Okay, I'm a noob. Do you mean 56lbs on each side or each corner? How could the stock wheel and tire combo be 56lbs each side if the stock wheel is 19-20 lbs? That would mean each tire is 8lbs. :confused:

I weighed my full spare stock wheel and re92 tire combo and it was about 43-44lbs.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Guest Gitster
Okay, I'm a noob. Do you mean 56lbs on each side or each corner? How could the stock wheel and tire combo be 56lbs each side if the stock wheel is 19-20 lbs? That would mean each tire is 8lbs. :confused:

I weighed my full spare stock wheel and re92 tire combo and it was about 43-44lbs.

Yeah but was it inflated? I mean we put about 33-36 lbs of air in each tire ;)

Sorry each corner, two different wheel and tire both inflated to a high 40psi. 56lbs each, they were noticably heavier than my 19" Arospeeds with PS2's which weighed in at 49lbs.

When I took off my stock wheels and tires combo, they weight ~42 lbs total. TireRack has the RE92 at 23 lbs so the OEM wheels are 19-20 lbs give a take a little for 20k miles of wear on the tires. But these numbers are only as good as my bathroom scale is accurate...

• 1 month later...
I had my 18" 5Zigen Heidfeld Mesh wheels off today. They are wrapped in Michelin Pilot Alpin 225/40/18's (all-season tires) w/ 5K miles on 'em. I thought they felt pretty damn heavy but the combo is 41.5 pounds... lighter than stock 17"??? Surprising.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived