LegacyGT.com

Does the 08 USDM model get this?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^ I've been following your posts around all day somehow, and so far you've made me laugh no less than 5 times. Nice work again here.

I tried to think of something witty here - but i'm on empty. Sorry, the stuff kind of "flows" - I can't invoke it.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Wow!

With that attitude no wonder SOA doesn't give us anything. Do billionaire Dad's boys drive Sentra's because that car comes with something they call Intelligent key which is very similar in a car thats $15k? If a Subaru is leagues above a Sentra as we think it is what does that say of Subaru.

There are useful "luxury" features that the LGT is missing, such as bluetooth support and auto up + down on all windows. Push button start is not one of them.

Call me crazy, but I actually prefer to turn a key to start the car. We already use buttons for controlling the radio, climate control, etc. I *like* that starting the car requires a special action, and not just another button push.

I couldn't stand one of those fobs that automatically unlocks the car as you approach it, I mean, how will you ever be sure that it is actually locked ??

we have keyless go on the FX. key in pocket, walk up, press button on door handle once, unlock drivers, twice, passengers and trunk. get in, turn the switch and head out. it's actually quite slick.....especially being able to walk up the rear hatch and press the button and open the tailgate (no need to dig for the key to pop it).

we have keyless go on the FX. key in pocket, walk up, press button on door handle once, unlock drivers, twice, passengers and trunk. get in, turn the switch and head out. it's actually quite slick.....especially being able to walk up the rear hatch and press the button and open the tailgate (no need to dig for the key to pop it).

I'm impressed by the technology, but in order for you to make sure that the doors are truely locked, you have to leave the key fob out of range then go back to the car and push the button, no ?

My grandfather had a 1950's era Dodge with push button start. Put the key in, turn the electrical system on, then press a separate button on the dash to start the car. Not quite RF-proximity sensitive, but that's the way it was before they integrated the start switch with the key as a "standard feature" in the late 50's / early 60's.

Everything old is new again. :lol:

Alternatively, you could just press the "lock" button on the fob.

I'm impressed by the technology, but in order for you to make sure that the doors are truely locked, you have to leave the key fob out of range then go back to the car and push the button, no ?

The fob doesn't automatically unlock the car when you approach. You need to press the button before lifiting the handle.

You could, but that doesn't prove that the remote locking works, only that it locks when you press the lock button on the fob.

no, just get out, push the button on the exterior door handle (or get the fob out of your pocket) and you get two chirps. I've checked....all doors locked. To test, I've left the fob inside and tried to lock....it beeps continuously at your stupidity and won't lock. :lol:

the FX also has radar distance control for the cruise control system. Set your speed and following distance and sit back and steer. It will even brake for you if you come up too close too quickly. Only bright late evening sunlight and close proximity to cell towers give it fits.

I have to say....Subaru needs to elevate it's game. This stuff has been on the market for 5+ years now and is finding it's way into economy cars (like the new Nissan Sentra and new MINI on the keyless go). I'm going to have a hard time buying another if I can't get a) NAV b) keyless go c) telescoping steering d) seat presets and other standard fare on the market.

the push start button is made for billionaire (dad's boy) who have an IQ of 48, that cant tell the difference between the front and rear of a car. thats why most expensive cars have them.

So you're saying my father has an IQ of 48? :)

-Mike-

Side mirror power fold. Sorry....:lol:

Has anybody found a mod or engineered one on their own for the power folding mirrors here in the US? i looked rather thoroughly through japanparts.com and couldn't find anything that they offered.

Anybody have any thougts?

JDM part numbers

1) 91031AG200WU ,RH Mirror

2) 91031AG210WU ,LH Mirror

3) 83001AG210JC , Control switch assy

Has anybody found a mod or engineered one on their own for the power folding mirrors here in the US? i looked rather thoroughly through japanparts.com and couldn't find anything that they offered.

Anybody have any thougts?

Actually, I have the approximate price, but was afraid to post it! :spin:

... my 1st thought is to give the part numbers to japanparts and see how much they are going to hit the pocket book for.

Any other thoughts?

Archived