LegacyGT.com

She's gone...I'm done..see you on all out clicks

Not hate, but from my point of view; everybody drives a Honda. Gimme something that no one else has.

1. We should be glad that he didnt trade it in for an SRT-4 :lol:

2. At least you will be getting better gas mileage

3. This car is 100 lbs lighter than my LGT, and my 2.5L only puts out 162 ft lbs of torque and thats npt enough. All that weight and comparing that to this SI's 139 ft lbs. OUCH!

4. This would be cool if it were a Prelude SI. The only way Honda would get me back.

Try drivingonefirst...you'll be amazed.

29 city 39 hwy and it still goes

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I miss where you mentioned why you sold? Ok, so the LGT is a mod blackhole. You can stop adding crap - it just takes self control :D I'm surprised you didn't like the 5EAT stock. My cousin has a bone stock LGT auto and I found myself liking the way it drove. It was leagues ahead of the only other turbo automatic car I've ever owned - a 97 Eclipse Spyder GST.

Now if you sold because of payments, insurance, etc, then that'd be different. The Civic is a fine economy car but the dash would guarantee I'd never own one. The only thing worse than their funky dual-layer setup is the "all gauges in the center" idea of Saturn, Toyota Echo, and similar cars.

Hondas get their rep from the drivers, not so much the vechicles. There's a Civic Si coupe here that has tried to get me to run several times. He just seems to pick heavy traffic or wants to go from a 60 roll in a 45 zone. I'm just too old for that nonsense. I'll plaster him when/where it's safe though - he has no idea that I'm not stock :D

I'm surprised you didn't like the 5EAT stock.

Mine sucks. It hasn't been right in months, and after dealer visit after dealer visit - it's still fucked up. It shakes like it had Parkinson's Disease, and I thught that after over two weeks in the dealership, it would be fixed. But, tonight, I got home from the movies, put her in park, and the car started trembling again.

As much as I am not a fan of Honda, it has to be far better than the pile of shit I have. I'm bone stock, and should not be experiencing this - but I am and I am regretting it.

Although you are having problems with it, I don't think your decision to buy a Subaru was a bad one at all. That TV show I mentioned, a guy had repeat transmission failures in his Odyssey minivan and had a similar battle as you with the dealership and Honda.

Even the best sometimes get fitted with a bad batch of something.

I remember when I was shopping for this car, and I had the hugest hard-on for the 2004 Mach 1 Mustang - Azure Blue, automatic, shaker hood... and everyone was pumping me up with how unreliable they are, and how the Subaru I am looking at is so significantly more reliable and trust worthy, and blah blah blah...

It's very ironic that it turned out to be totally the opposite. I've had the coil packs and injectors replaced, they thought it was carbon buildup and they cleaned it out... and yet - it still idles like an earthquake.

Sorry for jacking Effin's thread...

/

39 mpg rated hwy (rather than the avg 19) no premium fuel requirements, tight short shifting 6 SPEED!!!

Uh wrong

Si

6-Speed Manual (City/Highway)

23/32

Fuel (gal.)

Required Fuel

Premium Unleaded

Did I miss where you mentioned why you sold? Ok, so the LGT is a mod blackhole. You can stop adding crap - it just takes self control :D I'm surprised you didn't like the 5EAT stock. My cousin has a bone stock LGT auto and I found myself liking the way it drove. It was leagues ahead of the only other turbo automatic car I've ever owned - a 97 Eclipse Spyder GST.

Now if you sold because of payments, insurance, etc, then that'd be different. The Civic is a fine economy car but the dash would guarantee I'd never own one. The only thing worse than their funky dual-layer setup is the "all gauges in the center" idea of Saturn, Toyota Echo, and similar cars.

Hondas get their rep from the drivers, not so much the vechicles. There's a Civic Si coupe here that has tried to get me to run several times. He just seems to pick heavy traffic or wants to go from a 60 roll in a 45 zone. I'm just too old for that nonsense. I'll plaster him when/where it's safe though - he has no idea that I'm not stock :D

Im 42, didn't like the Suby stock. Sorry I don't agree with your cousin, or you. Maybe that's a Georgia thing. As far as your opinion on the car, it is only that...YOUR opinion. I am not a "ricer" and wont mod the car. Try driving one and then then give me yor opinion, I'm sure if you look at the car for itself and not the reputation it has from some club down there, you may think differently.

I remember when I was shopping for this car, and I had the hugest hard-on for the 2004 Mach 1 Mustang - Azure Blue, automatic, shaker hood... and everyone was pumping me up with how unreliable they are, and how the Subaru I am looking at is so significantly more reliable and trust worthy, and blah blah blah...

It's very ironic that it turned out to be totally the opposite. I've had the coil packs and injectors replaced, they thought it was carbon buildup and they cleaned it out... and yet - it still idles like an earthquake.

Sorry for jacking Effin's thread...

/

NP Mike...your point is very valid...sh** happens with every car.

I tried to sit in the Civic but it was too small for me. I really don't think it's a good dash layout at all, and I hate the two tier gauges with the 1980's style square surround of the tach...

If you look closely at the pic, the huge speedo is almost at eye level with (my) line of sight. It makes it very easy to keep track of your speed without having to look away from the road. As far as the rest of the dash, I chalk it up to all of the futuristic car models coming to fruition.

I got in one and I could not stand the Blind spots. I couldn't see the hood when I pulled myself up to steering wheel and I'm 6'. I didn't even take it for a test drive when the sales man offered it. I told him I could not even tell where the front of the car is. His answer was "it's not for everyone". I told him they will make alot of money on bodywork repair when people bump into stuff.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

His answer was "it's not for everyone".

He's right, it really isn't for everyone. I remember taking the '04 Mach 1 out for a couple of test drives, and the driver's position was awkward at best. Luckily, the automatic does not have a manual mode, because it is so far forward, you need to bend forward to reach it. My head was inches from the roof because I am fairly short and that's what I needed to see over the hood :lol:

But good god, get that out on a strait road, and it will tear down it without abandon with the most intoxicating engine and exhaust note, while the shaker hood nods when to press down the throttle. And there you have it, the whole point of a muscle car. They are not intended to carve up mountain roads like a BMW, they are not meant to be a comfortable family car, the are not meant to be quiet or civil. But, they are loud, quick, comfortable for two, masters of strait aways, and decent on the back roads, but will chew you up and spit you out if you fvck up. Which is why you see people smash them up, because if you don't respect it, it will ******* kill you. :cool:

Luckily, the automatic does not have a manual mode, because it is so far forward, you need to bend forward to reach it.

Also, if you ever notice in manual equipped cars, the stick is like a foot to a foot and a half long :lol: Although, I would be more than willing to master and drive a manually equipped 'stang with a Hurst T-handle shifter. :cool:

Let's just leave it as this...it's my decision, and I'm happy with it. If you're 6' and couldn't see, I don't know what to tell ya. I'm close to that and feel it has better visibility than the Scooby. Those of you who know nothing about them should probably do a little research before you judge. When you think about it, who are any of us to judge anyway?

Archived