LegacyGT.com

local installer for UP/DP install, how much $ for labor?

subyroo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^ So I take it from your sale thread that you are not installing anything? Hope everything is ok.

Yea I ran into some issues with my job, all "should" be OK but I have to plan for the worst not to mention my home PC crapped out so I just purchased a new laptop that I need to pay for:confused: Currently using my work laptop for personal.

I would love to come down and help out still:)

I cleared my headlights and had problems with condensation, but i didnt seal it with anything:eek: I re-did it with a great(i forgot the name:() waterproof sealant from Autozone about 2 months ago, and havent had a problem since! One headache, but i learned from it and now am happy with the "final" result.

Ooo meet at the end o the month possibly huh? Count me in, I just bought my new uppipe/dp and exhaust today but probaly wont put it on until after i move to Kansas next month(well might slap the exhaust on but probaly wait on the rest until im able to get/afford a tune) but would be nice to watch another install before i go playing mechanic on my own next month, and IF anyone has a T70 torx bit think ill change out my tranny fluid.

*on headlights:

Ive done 2 sets now, my own and helped with my friends mine i just cleared and his he painted, in the 3 months since ive had mine cleared 0 condensation/fog or problems his did fog up slightly in one corner of one but if u look on the back of the headlight housing theres 2 lil grey caps which you can pull off and will allow your headlight to clear up, which he does and hasent had any real issues.

Ted, looks like you haven't cleared your lights yet. Do you ever plan to? I'd like to do mine, but it sounds like others have had problems w/ condensation.

I have had my headlights cleared for about 1 1/2 years now. That first weekend I had some condensation, but I just took them off real quick and re-sealed them. Have yet to have any condensation since. If you do it, you just have to make sure to buy additional sealant for when you reseal (and don't go light on the sealant).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived