LegacyGT.com

local installer for UP/DP install, how much $ for labor?

subyroo

I am getting ready to install a DP and UP, I have the skilz to do the install but I definately getting lazy in my old age.:rolleyes: I was just thinking if the price isnt too bad I may pay to get them installed.... I have all the gaskets so it would just be labor. So what do yall think, any one with local installer experience that may have an idea?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually called them first and they seemed a little high on the install, it was like $400, for that I can do it myself. I am lazy but not that lazy;), I guess maybe that is the going rate for an UP and Down install:rolleyes:

From what I have read that's about the going rate for UP & DP install. I did the install myself. It took me about 8 hr but from my understanding it should take an experienced installer with right tools about 4 hr.

^how about less than 2hrs without a lift. Ive done it many times under 2hrs if all goes well.

Damn, how did you do that.

It probably took me that long just to get the car jacked up and get all the bolts off the heat shield... :lol:

Either that or wait a bit for Praedet's next Air Force install day! I need the same install (including lightweight pulley) done when I get the DP.

I'm thinking of either Cobb's or Crucial's Mid and shorty set up. Not sure yet though. I already have the Crucial UP. Anyone have problems w/ Crucial UP leaks?

I'll help you do it for $100

I just might take you up on that. I am trying to figure out which DP and UP to buy right now (is any one considered better than another??). I've only had my LGT a week but since it has some other goodies (SPT cbe and intake) I want to just get to stage 2 and get a nice tune.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I am lookig to do this too.

If a friend and I do the install do we just put it up on jack stands? Just curious as to how difficult it is getting to the pipes from using only jackstands?

Rehab is for quitters.

I am lookig to do this too.

If a friend and I do the install do we just put it up on jack stands? Just curious as to how difficult it is getting to the pipes from using only jackstands?

The downpipe is pretty easy (unless you have really stubborn bolts which isn't uncommon). The uppipe is a little more tricky.

= Anyone have problems w/ Crucial UP leaks?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Leaks? Nah - never...oh wait, I mean yes - every time. Nothing at first, then a leak developed over ~5k miles 4 times in a row.

FWIW - $400 is a bit steep IMO, regardless of the "going rate"...it's not *that* hard, although it's not far off. If I could have got someone to do it (that I could trust) for $250 it would have been worth it. Took me about 8-10 hours by myself w/hand tools & no idea what I was doing.

...of course, by the 4th time fixing the UP leak, I'm pretty handy at taking everything apart now. ;)

Get a flex UP or integrated UP/Headers IMO and don't even think about using a copper gasket on the UP to manifold joint...mine disintegrated every time. Everywhere else copper is cool, but not on that two-bolter.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

I hear do 'em both at once.

My friend has airtools so I think it will be easier...

Yes, do UP & DP at the same time and save yourself some time. Air tools should make the job easier.

+1 on the flex UP.

^^^ Well thats a great offer! I may have to take you up on that:spin: I am taking the car in to the dealer to have them look at a issue that I believe I have in the rear end and I will schedule with you. I can of course also provide food and base friendly beverages:)

I was picking my car up from Jayson Black and I overheard him quoting an Up/DP install for someone else at $150, I think. Do it with Praedet and at least you'll get more familiar with your car; just hope you can get those turbo bolts off! ;)

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

I was picking my car up from Jayson Black and I overheard him quoting an Up/DP install for someone else at $150, I think. Do it with Praedet and at least you'll get more familiar with your car; just hope you can get those turbo bolts off! ;)

that was probably me, I think it was early thursday evening?

Archived