LegacyGT.com

400 miles on a tank of gas, with the A/C on WOOOHOOOOO!!!

No it was very flat... between San antonio and Corpus Christi... CC is sea level so my net elevation change was up... I got 30.6mpg using cruise at 65-70 the entire way. On the flatter portions I ran with ac on and when turning it off I could instantly see a change in fuel economy... I encourage others to try.

Or was your question for the OP? lol.

lol

how do you guys get such good combined gas mileage, i dont ******* understand it....mine is usually around 18-20 with like 80 percent city....i wonder what it will be when I get my catless downpipe and perrin short ram intake :)

I just made a run up to Dallas and back today. Filled up on the way up there, but I made it back home with 330 mi on the odometer and about 1/4 of a tank left, so I'd say were I able to run out a whole tank on the highway I'd be pushing 450. 400 wouldn't even be a stretch. This was with the A/C on the whole way, and I was probably averaging 80 mph most of the way up and back. I think the fact that the humidity is way up (air density) probably helped a bit. That thing has been running like a bat out of hell! :)

I have gotten 400 miles on a gas tank driving mainly highway more than once 70 mph is the sweet spot for me.

The one thing that beats me is the gas gauge. I'm often filling up and the odo tells me i'm less than 30 miles to empty, and I go fill her up and I only put something like 15.1 gal..so I still had 1.8 gal left. Check when you fill up how many gals you put in..cause you probably put in less than 15.

I avg about 25mpg (over the last 3000 miles), calculated using the gas i put in the tank and the miles i make (I reset odo every time i fill on gas).

A/C beats windows for fuel and for comfort (its get hot around here).

Still have not hit 400.......

Just managed 389 miles on 13.25 gal though...29.4 avg

This tankful I'll get 1/2 of that, car is just not fun without stabbing that throttle;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I just drove my car on a 2800 mile trip home from North Carolina. I only averaged 19.8 mpg.

I was driving around 80mph during the day with traffic, and around 95-100 at night. Sometimes 110 if the conditions permitted it. I also didnt waste any time passing people - the lower passing gears where used often. I never used the SI mode. Mostly it was the S mode, and sometimes the S# mode.

I figured 20 mpg wasnt bad for those speeds.

How much difference do you guys think the SE auto and Limited auto transmission makes in gas mileage? One being 4 gears and the other 5.

28.5/gal. is the best I've gotten. Average 24 to 25/gal.

Run an economy map on your next road trip, you'll get close to 500mi on a tank

I ran ecomony mode on my car, stg 2 and had 46.4 miles on it and the computer still said i had 440 miles to go, so if its telling the truth, it will go 500 miles on a tank;)

Archived