LegacyGT.com

What are your avg miles with a full tank?

I've pushed 400 a couple times before in my GT...but never again because one time the next day I realized I really was running on fumes. I drive about 25-30 miles just to work and next week(new job) I estimate it will 45-55miles just to work.

I've never waited till I was on fumes but by my calculations; local driving using the same gas station and always the same pump(when I'm checking fuel economy)

I get about 28mpg avg which works out to about 473 miles per tank. (that is if the tank actually does hold 16.9 US Gal.)

Driving between my home in Cocoa Beach Fl. to visit relatives in South Carolina, I can make the Trip with one fill up in SC, and an occasional top off before I cross back into florida on the way home. I've gotten as high as 43mpg on trips,:eek: thats avg. calculating the mpg myself, (not using the dash computer.)

But there is no real way to know fuel economy, outside of lab conditions because environmental varriables are constantly changing. Darn It!!

Worst MPG my car has gotten was when I let my sister take it to orlando... 20.5mpg. (She drives like Petter Solberg during the WRC..) Me, I drive like my mother:spin:..( I had a couple of $2,000 traffic tickets:eek:, now the cruise control is my friend)

• 2 weeks later...
Just did a 340 mi. trip in my OB 2.5i Wagon 5MT. 75-80MPH the whole way with one stop and A/C on. Trip computer indicated 30.6MPG at the end of the trip. But I filled up with 11.45 gal, which works out to 29.7MPG. I found the computer to be a little optimistic at the previous fillup too, somewhere around 3%.

300-330mpg. I've got some hills around my house.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

The best Ive done on the interstate was 27.8 mpg running about 70 on cruise. In town I only average about 24 mpg driving with the freaks...need to get away sometimes. The strangest thing was a trip to NY doing 80-85 behind a freak...got 25.2 mpg. Im not afraid to run away very quickly if I get afraid of your driving issues.

Lucky savers.. ;-) what I can say? non turbo is good.. to save your money.

I am getting about 18mpg (city only) after my cobb stage 2.. it's abouit 260 per tank..

It is just no reason for me to pay for strage 2 upgrade and stay out of boost after that.

There are no bad people, just differeent.

I just did 4000km driving out to the west coast in Canada from Alberta and i was getting about 750km/tank so around 466 miles. I am sure one tank i would have got close to 800. That was with 2 adults, 2 kids and the back of the wagon packed. Also driving a 5MT. About 120km/hr average.

I just did 4000km driving out to the west coast in Canada from Alberta and i was getting about 750km/tank so around 466 miles. I am sure one tank i would have got close to 800. That was with 2 adults, 2 kids and the back of the wagon packed. Also driving a 5MT. About 120km/hr average.

I napkin calculate that to close to 35mpg. Might be possible under right conditions and pure Western Canadian gasoline (no corn crap).

My average is 12.6mpg on city driving with little highway

Now I don't feel so bad. I get 18mpg most of the time (and I've got the 2.5i). I live about five miles from work and it's all city (read: stoplights). If I go easy on it, I can get 20mpg. For that 2mpg, I'd rather have fun.

On the highway, it's another matter. On long trips (almost always loaded down), I get 29-32mpg.

Now I don't feel so bad. I get 18mpg most of the time (and I've got the 2.5i). I live about five miles from work and it's all city (read: stoplights). If I go easy on it, I can get 20mpg. For that 2mpg, I'd rather have fun.

On the highway, it's another matter. On long trips (almost always loaded down), I get 29-32mpg.

I think my mods have something to do with it. Oh and I beat the crap out of my car lol.

i avg around ~21-22 with 95% city driving if i drive the crap out of my car. on the interstate with the praire winds head on (always are for some reason) i get about ~28-30 going 80 on the freeway. if i baby the car when i drive (i have an auto so i shift up a gear using the "sport mode" whatever you wanna call it @2,500 rpm or so) i can get ~ 27-30 in the city (most of fargo's streets have a 35-40 mph speedlimit, 8 miles to work with like 3 stop lights that are normally green). on my days off i normally drive my sisters 06 civic.... which has a 100k bumper to bumper $0 warranty... so.. yeah... its driven aggressively...

Archived