LegacyGT.com

Broke off RSB bracket need some suggestions....

wukindada

I have looked around & I know AVO & COBB offer a replacement RSB bracket but I really like this one...

http://www.avoturbo.com/images/stabibar/bpbl_rearbar004.jpg

any idea who makes it??

I completely snapped off the passenger side bracket above the top bolt & the driver side loks like it's ready to go:(

I really like this 1 piece design it seems as though the stock bracket is no longer neede @ all.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Dunno, but the pic is hosted by AVO. Kinda look like unfinished prototypes of their retail version:

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/images/300_bp_stabimount001.jpg

ignore him, he'll go away.

Thanks guys:):)

So ..........

My question now is, do you need the stock brackets to install these? If so, I'll have to pick those up first.

Is COBB & AVO our only choices for aftermarket replacement?

^^^^

I wouldn't call units such as the Cobb and AVO replacements, but more like reinforcements that work in conjunction with your stock mounts. As far as working without the stock brackets, that might be a little "iffy" as they do not have nuts for the RSB bolts to thread into (which could easily be remedied). Also, I wouldn't be surprised if reinforcements like the AVO rotates if they weren't sandwiched in between the RSB mount and stock brackets.

Please don't take what I stated above as gospel. If you need more pictures as to how the AVO reinforcements are mounted just let me know as I will be crawling under my LGT tomorrow in order to adjust the rear endlinks.

As of now, I can only recall three different reinforcement brackets on the market, and they are:

1) Cobb

2) AVO

3) Perrin

Hmmmmmmm......I have a set of those Perrins sitting around but I was not a big fan of the design.

Guess I could get the stockers re-enforced & then give them a try.....

Well I am not the greatest welder in the world but for that job I can get it done;)

After closer inspection this morning the item that broke was the C shaped bracket that holds the bushing & not the bracket post itself......Odd......

Now I just need to find one of those & then install the Perrin braces

what rear swaybar are you running? and what size is it? Energy makes the properbushings for both my front and rear cusco's. Nice bushings, came with metal C brackets in both sets.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

Archived