LegacyGT.com

anyone's windows squeak/squeal going up/down?

besides being ridiculously slow, my windows have developed a squeak/squeal going up and/or down (more noticeably noisey during rainy weather and/or humidity)

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this....if it matters, my windows are all 20% tinted

Mine seem to randomly squeak while going down .. dunno why. No clue how to fix it either, just like the weird rattling I have in my passenger front door. If this car wasn't so damned fun to drive I'd seriously be pissed at all the little quirks by now :lol:

Yep - my drivers window squeaked, as well as the rear passenger. I used some silicone on the weatherstrip (outside) which cured it.

It was more pronounced after washing the car / a rainstorm.

Yep - my drivers window squeaked, as well as the rear passenger. I used some silicone on the weatherstrip (outside) which cured it.

It was more pronounced after washing the car / a rainstorm.

great idea...I still have some silicone spray I used when my old acura legend's rubber stripping would bind around the windows (which coincidently made the windows go up and down soooo much faster)

but question is, how did you apply it so it doesn't get on the windows causing them to get all greasy?

you need to wash your car?

sometime my windows squeaks when there's dirty built up on the window after going to beach or no wash car long time

:rolleyes: I wash my car at least once a week and I specifically said it's noticeably noisier during periods of rain and/or high humidity

Drivers side front squeaks and rattles. Seems like something off track in the door since the day I bought it new. If I close the door with window halfway down it sounds like it's going to fall right out. Dealer solution was to spray silicone which only messed up interior door panel...

Need to remove panel to inspect at some point.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

you need to wash your car?

sometime my windows squeaks when there's dirty built up on the window after going to beach or no wash car long time

+1 when I was getting this we had tons of tree pollen on the cars and it would make that aweful screech

So I used some silicone spray like others have said and the sound is gone but now everytime I roll my window up and down I get a thin layer of silicone left on the outer portion of the window

HELP! :)

Well, now you know a solution. My quick thought, try wiping off some of the excess silicone. Clean the window as you normally would and see if a bit less silicone still works and leaves the windows OK. This worked for me. Trust me, adjusting the tension of the window to the molding is a PITA, now, if the car is under warranty put this on your "punch list" for the future.

tiny bit of noice when going up and down but come on why did they have to go putting the slowest possible window motors into our cars? When I see a cop I have to put my tinted windows down and I wouldnt mind them being about double the speed going down!

Well, now you know a solution. My quick thought, try wiping off some of the excess silicone. Clean the window as you normally would and see if a bit less silicone still works and leaves the windows OK. This worked for me. Trust me, adjusting the tension of the window to the molding is a PITA, now, if the car is under warranty put this on your "punch list" for the future.

not really sure how to do that....I sprayed it in the channel...I can't fit a rag in there and my fingers are too fat anyway...

maybe spray some hose water down there?

the dealer is a last choice scenario seeing as how they are 40min from my house and the mileage to/from is just a bear on my lease

Pencil and a paper towel - cloth rag? Screw driver but, careful not to poke into the molding?

It might be that both you do need to either do to the dealer or, do it your self - adjust the pressure of the window to the frame.

The motors are fast enough - I've driven an '05 through '07's. It just may be that your windows are in fact pushing too hard causing the squeek / noticable slowness.

My driver side front window has just started occasionally pulling the outside seal and folding it down as the window goes down. It tries to jamb the window and the motor slows down. Got to go up then down again to fix it. happened three times so far... if it keeps it up, the dealer gonna get a visit. and my plastic truck carpet handle broke the day we got the car...

tthe other day on my two month old Legacy the sqeaaking was so loud I had people staring at me. It was just after the strom that hit us.

I can only think of a layer of dust that had built up ont he mirror which was causing the rub against the sealing.

if you watch the rear window going down in the side view mirrors sometime the seal gets pulled down as the window goes down and that causes it to squeak...it happens to me all the time, but not enough to bother me

Archived