LegacyGT.com

anyone's windows squeak/squeal going up/down?

Don't spray water in your door. :)

Silicone spray should only be used on the visible weather stripping, not down in the door.

If the problem gets really bad the only option is to pop the door frame out and check the window track, adjust it and grease with white lithium grease.

I don't trust dealerships. They usually don't fix the problem and create three more. :spin:

not really sure how to do that....I sprayed it in the channel...I can't fit a rag in there and my fingers are too fat anyway...

maybe spray some hose water down there?

the dealer is a last choice scenario seeing as how they are 40min from my house and the mileage to/from is just a bear on my lease

Don't spray water in your door. :)

Silicone spray should only be used on the visible weather stripping, not down in the door.

If the problem gets really bad the only option is to pop the door frame out and check the window track, adjust it and grease with white lithium grease.

I don't trust dealerships. They usually don't fix the problem and create three more. :spin:

well I sprayed it in the door (in between the molding and window glass) and now not only do I have the same stupid noise but everytime I roll the window down and then up, I get the crap on my glass...so I've been reduced to carrying a can of Stoner's Invisible Glass and an MF towel with me...

my first and last subaru this will be.....FUK SOA!!! :mad:

Give the car a better chance, it's a better car than squeeking glass.

I just had my last check-in before the warranty was up. Not much needed but, the dealer was very willing so, I'd say they will fix you door & window issue.

• 4 years later...

Archived