LegacyGT.com

Cobb STS plus Redline Goods Taupe =

Admrl

Its not a perfect color match, but i got the sample colors from Redline, and it was the closest. Its close enough that im happy with it, becuase the black one drove me nuts. I think its hysterical that FACTORY is a taupe E brake boot and a black Shift boot, hehehe.

I love the Cobb STS... I trimmed the metal trim plate underneath, to get the extra clearance.

The weak link is the Stock knob... I had the upper adjustment a tad lower than it is now, but the stock knob wouldnt screw on to it in that position, so i raised it a hair. Im really pick about the style though, and i havent found a replacement knob im happy with that looks as good (in my opinion), so i reused it.

Car just turned 37k this week...

And my extra radio is still in a million pieces waiting for me to get more free time... :lol:

DSCN1396.thumb.jpg.457b07c1b74ee8a7c44eaf3fc8005fb2.jpg

DSCN1397.thumb.jpg.cbdeb8a0ea52a76066619c423efaf877.jpg

DSCN1407.thumb.jpg.12e1788e0c0fc94d540f6cff27d8d801.jpg

DSCN1406.thumb.jpg.709abfda2c58303d2262979bfd2ecd0a.jpg

Looks nice. I was look at doing the same thing a couple of months ago. The only thing I did was replace my black Kartboy shift knob with a Subaru Momo knob.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

• 1 month later...

Holy old post! :)

The color isnt a very close match, but i think once its in you cant tell. Its a little darker than the taupe in the car. But Maciej was great about it, he offered to send me all the color samples and not charge me (reimburse me with a discount when i ordered), when i was fussing picking out the colors.

On the whole, i love it. I like the lighter boot much more than the dark one.

• 4 months later...

Admrl, based on the other pics I have seen, you have your boot installed backwards. The two stitched seams should be going to the corners on the center console side. Since the side that is intended to be toward the front of the car is longer, that may be why your boot is bunched up all weird.

Hopefully you can fix it or have learned to love it...

Archived