LegacyGT.com

GT RSB swap onto 2.5i wagon noticeable?

CRogge

I recently bought an '05 2.5i wagon (for the gas mileage) 5MT and not surprisingly, I find the suspension to be uh...lazy. I want to firm it up a bit and make it feel a little more sporting to drive day to day. It has the 16" wheels with 100% brand new Fuzion HRi tires on it, so unless I trade wheels with a GT owner, I won't be going to 17s anytime soon. I was about to pull the trigger on a used GT RSB when I began to question if the 16mm bar would really make a noticeable difference from my 15mm bar. Does anyone have any experience with this swap? What was your impression? Thanks for any help!

-Chris

Is it going to make some change, not as much as something larger, but some change.

I'll let you know soon, I'm putting my stock RSB off the GT on my wife's 2.5i wagon as soon as I get a chance.

Yes, it makes a difference, & worth it if you get it cheap - otherwise the JDM hollow 20mm makes sense. I swapped the GT bar in for about a year, & think it's slightly larger than the advertised 16mm. Made the understeer manageable, a noticeable improvement.

I recently upgraded to the JDM, which makes it handle almost as well as our '98 did. Still understeers.

Got the latter from Rallitek, which, of course offers other options.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Thanks for all the input! Opie, I'll wait to hear your opinion on the swap. I think I still have a source for a GT bar for $50 shipped. I think I'll probably end up going that route. What do the JDM bars usually go for?

JDM 20mm will make a difference if you just want to replace that one and not the front bar.

I don't think the stock USDM GT bar will be noticably enough to warrant the money spent and the time to install.

If you go with an even beefier rear bar (Perrin, Cobb, etc) you'll get your 2.5i pretty tail-happy.

Archived