LegacyGT.com

Coilover suggestions for LGT Wagon?

robinlsb

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am liking my Megan OB coliovers on my LGT wagon. Little bouncy in back under certain conditions, but overall very good. I an toying with tein comforts, mostly for the ability to control them electronically from inside the car.

Umm, unless they made a change, you can only manually adjust them. The Flex you can.

The new ones are electronically adjustable. The kit is different from the one used on the Flexes.

I have had KW v2's on my wagon for about 6 months now with stock top hats. Great handling and ride comfort. In my opinion they have very nice low and high speed dampening capability with very little sacrifice to ride quality.

• 2 weeks later...
What is the brake size difference?
For some reason they use the same rotors as non-turbo Legacys. I think the LGT has 12.1" rotors and the OB an OBXT have I think 11"rotor. someone will correct me if I'm wrong.:lol:
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

If you're not in a hurry you should wait 'til the BC Racing BR GB crew gets their C/Os installed and reviewed. Should be a good alternative to MRs and KWs.

+1

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

On the koni thread, a member got an email about the adjustable Koni yellows. Coming out for the LGT in autumn 2007 says Koni for $600 using the LGT standard tophats. Fronts are inserts and rears are standard shocks. Another option, Robin!

I think someone else suggested them, but if stock ride height is a priority the Megan Racing Outback coilovers would be a fantastic option. They ride really well, while significantly improving handling and body control. 100% plug and play with adjustable damping to suit your needs and full ride height adjustability. I've sold 25 sets over the last month or so and everyone has been thrilled with them.

I think someone else suggested them, but if stock ride height is a priority the Megan Racing Outback coilovers would be a fantastic option. They ride really well, while significantly improving handling and body control. 100% plug and play with adjustable damping to suit your needs and full ride height adjustability. I've sold 25 sets over the last month or so and everyone has been thrilled with them.

How much??? For a wagon.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

On the koni thread, a member got an email about the adjustable Koni yellows. Coming out for the LGT in autumn 2007 says Koni for $600 using the LGT standard tophats. Fronts are inserts and rears are standard shocks. Another option, Robin!

That would be an option for sure. But I will need shocks in November if not sooner and Koni's idea for Autumn could be ????????

Still worried about the ride with the Megans. I'd hate to plop down a grand and then have my wife beat me to death with my pretty coilovers. One less customer for you then, Boostjunkie! But still soooo tempted...

If you go with the OB spec coilovers I can almost certainly guarantee zero grief from your wife. When I installed a prototype set on my car to test for a few day, my wife turned to me as we were driving and said: "can we keep these?" I'd run a set on my car, but I love the look of it lowered nearly 2" and I just can't give that up.

Archived