LegacyGT.com

uneven muffler position.

I just noticed today that my left muffler is lower than my right side. It looks weird that way. looks like someoned stepped on my mufflers or something...

I looked under the hood and i did not see any marks of getting hit on the

mufflers.(scratch marks)

Anyone have any idea what this could be? I wonder if it would be covered under warranty.

I find it odd that it always seems to be the left muffler that hangs low. My stock muffler is like that. I've noticed some Greddy SP2 mufflers had the left muffler too low as well. Then there were the XO2 mufflers which had the left muffler off.

take a zip tie. go to the rubber hanger, wrap zip tie around, pull tight.

keep pulling until it's at the level you want. my prodrive left can hang lower, now it's teh same height.

alternatively ou can have somoen hold the muffler at hte proper height while you tighten the flange bolts.

car for sale. PM me!

My stock right can was a little lower as well. Now my Perrin is a little lower but not as not as noticable. My brother doesn't notice but you always notices crap like this when it's your own car. I'm too lazy to fix.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I just noticed today that my left muffler is lower than my right side. It looks weird that way. looks like someoned stepped on my mufflers or something...

I looked under the hood and i did not see any marks of getting hit on the

mufflers.(scratch marks)

Anyone have any idea what this could be? I wonder if it would be covered under warranty.

mine too man. dealer said all was ok.

how so? you mean in place of the rubber hangers? pics?

no you wrap it around the rubber hanger. as the rubber gets old it sags from the continuous weight the muffler puts on it.

wrap it around the rubber hanger, pull it tight (and thus tightening the rubber hanger), and it'll pull the muffler up.

hasnt failed me yet. 3 mufflers and counting.

car for sale. PM me!

Archived