LegacyGT.com

uneven muffler position.

Nice! thanks for the pic! i think this will work for everybody except me. mine isn't old. i put on the Autospeed turboback and can't get the damn tips to line up. i guess i will take off the cans and bend the metal hanger points...

Nice! thanks for the pic! i think this will work for everybody except me. mine isn't old. i put on the Autospeed turboback and can't get the damn tips to line up. i guess i will take off the cans and bend the metal hanger points...

just give it a try. you can always clip the zip ties off.

even if the hangers arent sagging you can still tighten it

if 1 zip tie doesnt do it, maybe you can do 2 zip ties.

following hoggy's style that would be stage2 lawlzaust™ adjustment. (oh yea i went there.)

however if the muffler quality and hanger alignment is inherently poor then zip ties wont help ya

car for sale. PM me!

I done that before on my tips on a my GTP. I actually didn't go around the hanger, but right next to them - bare metal to bare metal, and pulled them up that way. Decent Zip ties had lasted 2 years when i sold the car and holding strong. Try it. How do you plan on bending that metal under the car?
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

How do you plan on bending that metal under the car?

i found a sorta how-to on this site after mucho searching. basically you don't want to bend anything on the car if you don't have to so concentrate on the hanger nubs on the cans. heat them up with a blowtorch and slide a 4 ft long pipe over it and bend away. bend the hanger nub down if you want the tip to go up and vice versa. i have no idea how to go left or right though.

I done that before on my tips on a my GTP. I actually didn't go around the hanger, but right next to them - bare metal to bare metal, and pulled them up that way. Decent Zip ties had lasted 2 years when i sold the car and holding strong. Try it. How do you plan on bending that metal under the car?

I've bent exhaust hangers back very carefully by using a floor jack.

Pretty safe, and easy - if you need it bent UP anyways...

Archived