LegacyGT.com

Front license plate?

minimalistic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had no front plate for the year and a half that I have owned my car and I have not been pulled over once (knock on wood).

I intend to run one when I finally get my Spec B bumper on the car as the holes are pre-drilled for it.

I hate the look of front plates!

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

• 2 months later...
By law, you have to have a license plate in the front. Putting the license plate inside the car is illegal

It depends where in the state you live in. Florida does not issue front license plates.

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
have a pickup with no front plate i ripped the bracket off on a snowbank a few years ago and have had 300m since new in 99 till i crashed it in september. no front plate on it ever. one time a year ago a cop pulled me over cause i was leaving a back road where he knew there was a big party he said he pulled me over because i didnt have a front plate but he only gave me a verbal warning. it was just an excuse to see if i was worth bringing in for a DUI

• 2 weeks later...

When I bought the car I asked how they put on front plates. My previous car - Jeep - came with the front plate bracket if you bought it in a front plate state. Subaru doesn't do that, they just drill the bumper.

So when I ordered the car I added on the "Front License Plate Bracket" option. I think it is the same as this.

I'm happy with it, but I'm not picky about front plates either.

Thanks. :)

Any quantitative tests on the unit?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

haha. I love it. that and the k40 radar works amazingly well. sometimes the laser picks up LED taillights.. ha. but. actually I got my first speeding ticket the other week.. except it wasnt one of those times when I was actually trying to break the law.. I was the first car in a stream of about 10 commuters... everyone on the road goes about 10 over, the cop had nothing better to do. whatever. if i had thought i was really doing something wrong i would have slowed down when it went off... he was picking up people there for the rest of the night. cheap.

^ You might want to see if there's anyone in your area that can help you test out the laser jammer portion of this device. It's highly debated as to whether it will work as-advertised.

Just because it's alerting to LED tail-lights, etc., doesn't mean that it's jamming properly (and don't get too excited - most high-end laser detectors will false, in some degree, to such tail-lights, and more).

As for the radar, the K40 isn't the best, but it's definitely not too, too bad, either. I don't particularly think you've got too much to worry about in this respect.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived