LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT to Mustang

Totally different animal of a car.

I actually had a rental Hertz Shelby GT-H for a week in Orlando and it was fun. Pretty stiff in the suspension and the tranny wasn't so good at quickly downshifting to put all that V8 low-rpm torque to use, but it was a fun drive. Sure wouldn't trade my LGT for it though! Talk about useless back seats! Didn't sit in them, but I'm hardly tall and there wasn't jack for room behind me...

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good for you man if that makes you happy! Different animal is right.

Personally, I would switch to the GTO if (1) the stupid gas tank in the trunk issue was fixed (2) there was a moon roof (3) had a better head-unit/navi (4) it was 300-400 lbs lighter and (5) had slightly less bulky styling. I like the understated look a lot. Hate bling.

I was on the fence between the LGT and GTO and obviously bought the LGT.

I'm waiting to see what the new Camaro brings. I'm thrilled about it based on initial specs and photos. :wub:

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

I tell people all the time to not buy the LGT if you plan to keep it stock. There are better cars out there for the same price. If you want to mod, it's a very good platform to choose.

I like the mustang..but I can never get myself to buy an american car. the reliability issues on most american built cars scare me.

The Mustang is pretty basic, though. That V8 has been used in some form or fashion for years across a bunch of cars and trucks. I have to believe that Ford over builds that motor with the aftermarket in mind because it seems to take well to all sorts of NA and FI mods people throw at it. To me, the Mustang is right up there with things like the Crown Vic in terms of durability and cost of ownership.

examples of better cars, please?

I tell people all the time to not buy the LGT if you plan to keep it stock. There are better cars out there for the same price. If you want to mod, it's a very good platform to choose.

I like the mustang..but I can never get myself to buy an american car. the reliability issues on most american built cars scare me.

Which reliability issues on which specific cars would those be? I've owned numerous American and Japanese cares. There were no more or less reliability issues with one country of manufacture or another.

:confused:

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

I used to live on the vortex (have an old passat) and even had the classifieds as my homepage for awhile. That car lounge forum is pretty general with everything but most reviews outside of that forum mentioning the lgt are pretty solid.

It looks like the guy wanted a mustang from the beginning so of course hes gonna be in the mindset that its better than an lgt. But thats just his opinion.

Mustangs aren't my thing and i honestly think i see almost as many of them on the road as civics nowadays. But if you're into em, more power to you. They have a pretty decent aftermarket scene!

Which reliability issues on which specific cars would those be? I've owned numerous American and Japanese cares. There were no more or less reliability issues with one country of manufacture or another.

:confused:

I have had only a few American cars (1992 Plymouth Horizon, 1987 Chevy Celebrity and a Jeep Wrangler). They all gave me major headaches...and they all left me stranded, with the exception of the the Jeep. Since then I have only bought Honda, Lexus, and Suby. So far..not one time have I been left stranded.

But in all fairness I never gave the american cars a chance after 1999! But it seems like everytime I look at consumer reports or whenever there is a major vehicle recall, it always seems to be an american made car.

For instance...per consumer reports 5 of the 10 catagories had US made cars rank as the worse. This is why I am hesitant about thier reliability.

According to the always controversial ConsumerReports, these are the 10 most and least reliable cars by class.

Small Cars

Best: Honda Fit

Worst: Chevrolet Cobalt

Family Cars

Best: Honda Accord Hybrid (this is slightly better than the 4 cyl Accord)

Worst: Volkswagen Passat

Upscale/Large Cars

Best: Lexus ES350

Worst: Jaguar X-Type

Luxury Cars

Best: 2006 Lexus LS

Worst: Cadillac STS

Sporty Cars

Best: Lexus SC

Worst: Pontiac Solstice

Wagons/Minivans

Best: Pontiac Vibe (the Toyota Matrix is essentially the same car)

Worst: Buick Terraza

Small SUV

Best: Toyota FJ Cruiser (though we've never though of this as being particularly small)

Worst: Kia Sportage

Midsized SUV

Best: Toyota Highlander Hybrid (slighly better than the regular Highlander)

Worst: Mercedes-Benz M-Class

Large SUVs

Best: Toyota Land Cruiser

Worst: Nissan Armada

Pickup Trucks

Best: Subaru Baja (this is hardly a truck!)

Worst: Nissan Titan

More info here on reliability..

http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/autos/reliable/index.html

I just left the vortex myself. Had an 02 GTi 1.8T that served me pretty well for the time I had it. Did have the plug-on-coil pack problem in '03 tho and a few months later the water pump went out on it too. (go figure?!) But other than that, great and fast car. Just got a 08 specB Legacy almost 4 weeks ago. WOW, such a step up!! Pretty happy to see the GTi go. (my kidneys are thanking me!!)

Did test drive the 07 GT 'stang, and it was a pretty solid car. Comfortable without being to hard, fast with great power, but not quite all there tho. So I only looked at that for about 2 weeks as I could have got factory pricing, and a friend of mine works at Saleen, so I would have had a great hookup on parts and such. But, I got such a smoke 'n deal on the Legacy, I couldn't pass it up. And, I tend to like cars that are not so popular and don't see them everyday. Haven't regretted it yet, but I still have to make that first payment too....

Enjoy your new ride man...

If I had something important to say, I wouldn't tell you anyway.

I'm another who recently left vortex site. I had a R32 which I loved and put 45000 trouble free miles on it. But I needed more room and bought the Leagacy GT wgn. The R32 was a kick but I love my wagon.

Just got a 08 specB Legacy almost 4 weeks ago. .......... But, I got such a smoke 'n deal on the Legacy, I couldn't pass it up.

Mind me asking what you paid for the Spec B?

And the new mustangs are ok. A few people at work have them (1 GT and 1 6cyl convertible). I definitely wouldn't buy one though. Just not my style. Plus the orange makes me want to wretch.

The Legacy is in a totally different class than the Mustang. If the guy wanted a pony car he clearly wouldn't have been happy with a LGT. A Mustang wouldn't be my pony car of choice, but that's why they make different cars I suppose.

On another note, I hate consumer reports and their constant toyota leghumping and I also hate the OMGWTFZ0RZ!!1!one iMport mAnVFACureRz >>> AMerICAn statement with nothing to back it up.

*cricket* *cricket* *cricket*

Sorry I don't get to the board as often these days. I own my own business and I work 12-14 hours 7 days a week.

It all depends on what your priority is. If you want faster, you can be much quicker in a Mustang for only $24k. A Hyundai Azera is just as quick (maybe even quicker up top),has twice the room, and feels twice as solidly built. A GTO is a pretty nice package too. Even a 3.5 liter Altima offers nav, leather, and all the other goodies along with plenty of power.

If you start considering 1-2 yo used cars, it gets more interesting. Corvettes start to be enticing.

And don't get started on the "but those cars aren't AWD" or "I gotta have a stick shift." If you do, there are still other choices out there. Even the Ford 500 offers 268hp and AWD. I'm sorry but a stock LGT is just "blah." Not bad, but not barn-burning either. For some people it's the fastest, sportiest car they've ever owned and what I'm saying souinds crazy.

I stand by what I said originally. The LGT is a good platform if you want to mod. If you want to stay stock, you may find a better alternative in another car.

Archived