LegacyGT.com

Gaskets for UP/DP install?

TravisS

Megan Racing UP came with manifold -> UP and UP -> turbo gaskets, so, those I already have.

I know I also need head -> manifold and turbo -> DP. I'm planning on reusing the DP -> exhaust (this is the donut right?).

Do I also need the manifold crossover gasket? Is there even a gasket there?

I was kinda hoping Subaru would do the install for me, but Peninsula Subaru won't install non-Subaru parts so I'll just do it myself.

You don't need the crossover pipe gasket because you shouldn't undo that joint, or I wouldn't anyway. Drop the mannifold as one piece. I chose to replace the two butterfly mannifold gaskets, the mannifold/UP gasket, and the UP/turbo gaskets. I reused the turbo/DP gasket as well as the donut.

If its your first UP install, read a thread or two about leaky cam plugs and/or seals to get familiar with what/where they are so you can avoid them. The bottom was was most likely hit with my UP when it was removed and now I need to go back in and reseal it to stop an oil leak. Not a big deal, just a waste of time.

ignore him, he'll go away.

OK, thanks for the tips.

I've been reading as many threads about the UP install as I can find (not just here, but all over the interweb). I was originally planning to do it myself anyway, so I wanted to get myself prepared. Haven't done anything this complex by myself yet (I mean, I've helped rebuild an engine, but "help" is a very important word there :lol:)

OK, thanks for the tips.

I've been reading as many threads about the UP install as I can find (not just here, but all over the interweb). I was originally planning to do it myself anyway, so I wanted to get myself prepared. Haven't done anything this complex by myself yet (I mean, I've helped rebuild an engine, but "help" is a very important word there :lol:)

It's really not that tough of a job but reading through all the threads definitely helps you keep in mind what not to do.

here you go, all gaskets that are exposed during up/dp install

http://www.pltek.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1106_21_25_28&products_id=108

Megan Racing UP came with manifold -> UP and UP -> turbo gaskets, so, those I already have.

I know I also need head -> manifold and turbo -> DP. I'm planning on reusing the DP -> exhaust (this is the donut right?).

Do I also need the manifold crossover gasket? Is there even a gasket there?

I was kinda hoping Subaru would do the install for me, but Peninsula Subaru won't install non-Subaru parts so I'll just do it myself.

IMO, OEM gaskets are the best unless you have experienced leaks (typically numerous) and nothing else has worked, then you reach for this gasket that is thicker, seals questionable leaky flange joints.

http://turninconcepts10.chainreactionweb.com/index.php?cPath=1_14_28&osCsid=d3dae50cfeb227aa8722f0adaee5431c

The Subaru OEM's work in most cases, but to be on the safe side you could order the TiC gaskets. They are about the same price.

I actually purchased the OEM gaskets this morning from the dealer. Too bad I didn't see the pltek link until after, that's a very good deal.

The OEM gaskets are good stuff. I suppose I should have expected quality gaskets, but somehow I didn't. Very thick, embossed gaskets. Can't imagine having a leak problem with these. I suppose we shall see :)

Archived