LegacyGT.com

to those who doubled up on rear spring pads

VXCL

I'm getting these extra spring seats installed on Friday (along with new rear wheel bearings... $$$$) and it seems pretty straight forward... is there anything else I should know? Oh, and are the spring seats orientated back to back or both in the same orientation as the one spring seat would be?

Specifics of my car:

JDM Bils. Rev A

MT SDN Pinks

(lots of other suspension mods too ;))

Thanks!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ask and you shall receive...

These are for sale too btw - JDM Spec B Rev A struts (rears only) and I have the extra spring seats as pictured plus full set of JDM GT wagon springs. Will sell the struts separately but the seats go with the springs or the struts, as a package deal of sorts. Check the marketplace for details...

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1831/cimg0634ta0.jpg

• 2 months later...
How hard is it to get the extra spring pad in??

Equally valid - since it sounds like some have already doubled up and may want to drop down to one - how hard is it to get the extra spring pad separated from the other when you go down to one?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Unless you treat them with a heat gun, they should come apart easy :lol:

Looking at the two new ones that I have, and the fact that they do not slide inside each other very easily, did you lube them up when installing them, or just let the spring compression against the bottom pad shove it up into the other pad? They seem pretty tough-walled, so wasn't sure what it took to get them together on install - and conversely, pried apart on de-install.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived