LegacyGT.com

Should I trade my 05 ltd in for an 08 B??

Well I have been thinking for a few weeks if I should get the B

My car is paid off and they are offering me 18k on trade with 43,255 miles.

The B is 32700 plus the tax on the difference at 3.9 for 4 years.

I will sleep on it for 2 nights then come Monday I will have to make a decision.

cant you get a B for less than 30?

I dont think I could ever trade in a car only to come home with the same car.

I would just take that difference and buy a used s2000 or soemthing.

car for sale. PM me!

i think the 09 is gonna look more generic, more honda accord-ish, did u guys see the new impreza. its watered down and looks generic-ish

Hard to extrapolate. Subaru is getting beat over and over on the head with enthusiasts and regular people alike saying that the new impreza made them vomit in their mouth.

Sometimes car companies can surprise you. Like toyota, known for being boring... but in 1999 they made the best looking car that cost under 25k I've ever seen (the last gen celica). It outperformed almost everything in its price range when it came out...

car for sale. PM me!

wait...no more celica's.........what! that was like the manly alternative to the 350z

the 350z came out 4 years after and they look very similar.. HMMMM

Just saying you cant extrapolate these things.

Good car companies sometimes make ugly cars. Bad companies sometimes make spectacular cars. Boring companies sometimes make exciting cars.

In subaru's case though they make ugly cars that people will buy despite being ugly. the legacy was a different story. HOWEVER. they had an opportunity to ugli-fy the legacy in 2008 and they didnt..

car for sale. PM me!

HOWEVER. they had an opportunity to ugli-fy the legacy in 2008 and they did..

Fixored. They certainly did. Rear end is fugly. USDM front end is fugly, too. JDM front end looks way better due to different bumpers.

Hard to extrapolate. Subaru is getting beat over and over on the head with enthusiasts and regular people alike saying that the new impreza made them vomit in their mouth.

Sometimes car companies can surprise you. Like toyota, known for being boring... but in 1999 they made the best looking car that cost under 25k I've ever seen (the last gen celica). It outperformed almost everything in its price range when it came out...

I must disagree with you, thats why in 2000 I bought a GC Impreza RS. My first car was a 1988 Celica All-Trac (AWD Turbo Celica). The hard edges, lack of aftermarket and all the troubles people were having (blowing the engine by down shifting?) on the Celica swayed me away. Sure the Eclipse and Celica had sex appeal with the ladies, but I thought they both (especially the Celica) were hard edged. Both cars turned out to be crap and now with my spec b, I wish I had my Impreza back as a second car. The 350Z looks much better than either the celica or eclipse. I drove a 300ZX and a 350Z (no lsd), and was not impressed with either. I have never driven the Celica or Eclipse but I've got friends that have owned both and would have sold it a week later had they not been deep in it them finacially. The celica ended up totalled, and the eclipse just got traded in last year for a miata.

I must disagree with you, thats why in 2000 I bought a GC Impreza RS. My first car was a 1988 Celica All-Trac (AWD Turbo Celica). The hard edges, lack of aftermarket and all the troubles people were having (blowing the engine by down shifting?) on the Celica swayed me away. Sure the Eclipse and Celica had sex appeal with the ladies, but I thought they both (especially the Celica) were hard edged. Both cars turned out to be crap and now with my spec b, I wish I had my Impreza back as a second car. The 350Z looks much better than either the celica or eclipse. I drove a 300ZX and a 350Z (no lsd), and was not impressed with either. I have never driven the Celica or Eclipse but I've got friends that have owned both and would have sold it a week later had they not been deep in it them finacially. The celica ended up totalled, and the eclipse just got traded in last year for a miata.

the blowing the engine by downshifting is due to overrevs. people routinely went like... 5-> 2 while shifting at redline. That would blow most engines. The gates were close together and i guess people werent used to it.

but we can agree to disagree. Just thought it was much more exciting than typical toyota fare. I liked the way it looked, but a lot of people didnt.

I agree about hte lack of aftermarket but hey, if you like bodykits then you woulda had a fun time with that car (a billion body kits available..)

car for sale. PM me!

never. take the money that would go towards a b in monthly payments and put it into a suspension upgrade.

you'd be spending $12-14K for basicly wheels and a nicer suspension setup...bad move IMO. (edit: ok, nice seats & steering wheel buttons - still...that much money for essentially the same car?)

BTW: Will the dealer sell the spec be control arms without a VIN? some dealers (other cars) won't sell parts from limited production cars without a matching VIN.

BTW: Will the dealer sell the spec be control arms without a VIN? some dealers (other cars) won't sell parts from limited production cars without a matching VIN.

You can get them online, no big deal.

yeah, you can order the control arms from japan parts, get the bilstien dampers and sti springs (which are better than stock udsm spec b), the wheels look nice but you can get the jdm specb wheels cheap (which will clear a bbk) or go with a numerous after market wheels which looks great on our cars. suspension and wheel wise, there is no reason to get a spec b over a lgt. the b comes with re050a's which will run circles around the re92's but just like wheels and suspension, you can do better.

main reason I went with a spec b instead of lgt, in addition to the suspension, wheels and tires, the 6 speed, nav, better interior, upgraded stereo, si-drive, vdc.

I believe in 08 all lgt's get the stereo upgrade, si-drive and vdc, while the specb gets no upgrades and all black interior. If you can live without the 6 speed and nav, and want to go aftermarket or jdm for the wheels, suspension and tires then the spec b wont be worth the extra money (5 - 7k). In my mind, 5-7k is a very good price for the package deal though.

never. take the money that would go towards a b in monthly payments and put it into a suspension upgrade.

you'd be spending $12-14K for basicly wheels and a nicer suspension setup...bad move IMO. (edit: ok, nice seats & steering wheel buttons - still...that much money for essentially the same car?)

I would agree if he had and 07 or 08 GT. He has an 05'...the differences are much more than just wheels and buttons.

Don't do it. This is coming from an 07 spec.B owner. I agree with much that is said above. There is a lot more than wheels and suspension, but with the money you are dropping in difference from 18k to 32k, you could make your 05 a gorgeous beast!
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I would agree if he had and 07 or 08 GT. He has an 05'...the differences are much more than just wheels and buttons.

That is true. I overlooked that fact.

Fold down seats, aux input, better speakers, si drive (if your into that). forgot 6 speed too. more too.

Probably comes down to 'how bad do you want it?'

Fixored. They certainly did. Rear end is fugly. USDM front end is fugly, too. JDM front end looks way better due to different bumpers.

i partly disagree, imo the front looks better, the back looks good EXCEPT the tail lights, i liked the 07 tail lights.

Exactly why an automaker cannot please everyone. Everyone has their own preference on cosmetic styling, atleast everyone agrees that it is a fun car to drive. To the OP, you should go and take a serious look at the 08 spec.b (if you can find one, and the dealer is willing to let you drive it).

Ultimately it is your decision, if you want all the new goodies, and it makes sense for you financially then go for it. If you find that you don't like it for whatever reason, or you cannot justify the cost of upgrading then stick with what you got.

Another option, may be to just trade it in for an 07 lgt. They are still on the lots and you can get it for next to nothing.

I wouldn't do it. You get all the extra stuff, but IMO 05 and 06 look way better then 07+ models. Besides, why put money in someone else's pocket :/ We're talking about 14K difference. Put it in a bank and make some money off the interest ;)

I had the opportunity to try out a few 2005s manual and auto versus the 2007 that i eventually leased. It is a question of refinement. Little things that the manufacturer did over time. If those small changes are not important look at what you can do with the 2005 that I cannot do?

How do i re-map the ECU? no cobb ap available and sounds like it may never be available. advantage 2005.

Your resale on the car is quite good and now you are on the flat side of the depreciation curve. If that specific car has no unique issues and your personality doesnt predispose you to automotive attention deficit disorder than consider keeping the car till we see something more than a trim/suspension model change from SOA.

As far as my 2007 goes, the more I drive, break it in, the more interesting the car has become.

These cars really have tons of personality.

Sam

Archived