LegacyGT.com

Key Ignition & Re-Start Cutoff

I have an '07 Automatic Legacy. If I turn the car on normally (key ignition), and then turn the key again to the starting position (fully forward), as if I were starting the car again, the car will make grinding sounds. Is this normal?

I also have the remote starter installed, and the electronics for that have a specific check against this particular situation, even so far as to mention the cutoff on the little piece of paper that came with it. Is normal ignition supposed to have this cutoff too?

• 6 months later...

Are you being serious?

I have an '07 Automatic Legacy. If I turn the car on normally (key ignition), and then turn the key again to the starting position (fully forward), as if I were starting the car again, the car will make grinding sounds. Is this normal?

I also have the remote starter installed, and the electronics for that have a specific check against this particular situation, even so far as to mention the cutoff on the little piece of paper that came with it. Is normal ignition supposed to have this cutoff too?

Archived