LegacyGT.com

Subaru offering 120% of KBB on a trade???

I bought my 07 lgt using the guaranteed trade program. I traded my 04 sti in January and they gave me 23,900 for it(minus 500.00 for some scratches and mileage though). I picked my lgt for 27,000 which is way below the sticker. It's definately legit but I had to shop 2 different dealers to get them to honor this program. One dealer gave me the run around about the qualifications and finally North Coast Subaru of Long Island honored it and got me in to my lgt.:lol:

North Coast subaru of Glen Cove rocks ~

If this is true that is great for everyone's resale value! Wouldn't that be great??? A manufactuer supporting their cars value after the sale...novel

I received over 17% over KBB for my 05 Sedan when I bought my 07 wagon over 1K below invoice...no letter required. Just a savy negoiator :)

Hell they had to drive to MN to get if for me on a dealer trade it wasn't like they were trying to move inventory either.

Subaru accomplishes several things with this incentive:

1) maintain high resale values by showing that used cars are selling above KBB

2) remove 07 inventory so that when one goes subaru shopping, they won't think, "these cars must suck if this many 07s are still left over"

3) sell remaining 07s at higher prices than they would normally go for since consumers feel they are already getting such a deal on the trade in and don't feel it necessary to haggle as much.

and, to continue pleasing customers

lol

I got a letter from Subaru offering me 120% of KBB value for a trade on my 05 LGT LTD.

I normally don't bother with that crap, but is this a Subie thing? I ran KBB and they came up with 19300 on trade which would equate to 23,100 at 120%. For that, I would trade up to an 08 (as I only paid a few hundred more originally)

Its just advertising man, its goal isnt to sell you car, its to get you into the dealer and talking to a sales person. It is only trying to plant a seed in your mind to buy one and excited about the new ones. KBB is usually way high, your car is worth what its worth regardless of what they show you. If they are giving you 2k-5k more then the market value, your paying for it on the other end somehow

Its just advertising man, its goal isnt to sell you car, its to get you into the dealer and talking to a sales person. It is only trying to plant a seed in your mind to buy one and excited about the new ones. KBB is usually way high, your car is worth what its worth regardless of what they show you. If they are giving you 2k-5k more then the market value, your paying for it on the other end somehow

:orly::nono:

Seriously though...Ive bought about 15 new cars in as many years, and am pretty well versed...this was strickly an issue over whether it was Suby sanctioned, or dealer bs.

Archived