LegacyGT.com

Subaru offering 120% of KBB on a trade???

I got a letter from Subaru offering me 120% of KBB value for a trade on my 05 LGT LTD.

I normally don't bother with that crap, but is this a Subie thing? I ran KBB and they came up with 19300 on trade which would equate to 23,100 at 120%. For that, I would trade up to an 08 (as I only paid a few hundred more originally)

I bought my 07 lgt using the guaranteed trade program. I traded my 04 sti in January and they gave me 23,900 for it(minus 500.00 for some scratches and mileage though). I picked my lgt for 27,000 which is way below the sticker. It's definately legit but I had to shop 2 different dealers to get them to honor this program. One dealer gave me the run around about the qualifications and finally North Coast Subaru of Long Island honored it and got me in to my lgt.:lol:

I got a letter from Subaru offering me 120% of KBB value for a trade on my 05 LGT LTD.

I normally don't bother with that crap, but is this a Subie thing? I ran KBB and they came up with 19300 on trade which would equate to 23,100 at 120%. For that, I would trade up to an 08 (as I only paid a few hundred more originally)

Crazy, I got a letter from Toyota saying they were in need of 2000 model year Celicas and that their records showed I had one. They were going to give me TOP DOLLAR! Too bad I haven't owned that car in years :(

it's bullshit marketing guys

Do you have to pay MSRP to get the 120%?

Probably. There's always a catch. Subaru or whoever is running the ad isn't going to give someone 120% of the cars value, then turn around and sell you a new car at invoice. They're going to make that money up somewhere.

ooooooooooooooo ok, this offer might keep me with Subaru. Although, very low insurance, good gas mileage, great performance, comfortable interior, good audio system, and good creature comforts that come along with a Subaru always help too.

Huh?

Huh?

When I am not not wearing my lead shoes, I could get fairly good gas mileage out of the Legacy. If you set your cruse control at between 65-70 mph, you should see 25+ mpg. Remember, the LGT is an AWD performance sedan, so 25+ mpg highway is pretty good.

Creature comforts - easy to use dual zone climate control, 4-stage seat warmers, power seats. The new ones have aux-in, memory seats, supposedly a much better audio system, fold-down rear seats, and optional navigation.

/

I wonder if they are trying to see how serious owners of manual wagons are (only avail in 05) about their wagon/MT choice.

Perhaps if too few of us give in, they will start offering manual wagons again.

:)

LOL

Archived