LegacyGT.com

Something Weird I Noticed About The 5EAT..

omg... it comes down to preference and necessity... not all people like MT... i personally will never own an auto... but that is me. let the people that like autos have their autos... as long as MTs are still offered I'm a happy camper. I've lived in SFO and i have a manual... granted my left leg got rather strong :) (i can say i hated going up some streets... and would avoid them) but still... some people just don't want to deal with the hills and or traffic of some areas in a MT... again.. preference.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area that is very hilly. That on top of bumper to bumper traffic made the 5MT a very bad option. It's funny how 5MT owners think their cars are better. Different, yes. Better, no.

Edit: A quicker 0 to 60 time does not mean it is better.

Well IMO faster from 0 - 60 and better fuel economy makes a MT better than auto. $4.00 for a gallon of gas in Europe, people go for the MT. Anyway, I live in a hilly area too and my only complaint is these women (and men too) in their SUVs that have never driven a stick before and get right on your tail end. The hill holder can only do so much.

I need a bumper sticker that says, "Dear Oversized SUV driving moron. This car is a stick, meaning that it rolls back on inclines. Watch out!"

I think it is a my wang is bigger and more potent than you wang thing...

Age old story...!

As has been said it is all about lifestyle...that and comfort with who you are!

I gladly enjoy my AT for daily commuting...I have a blast with my Steering wheel shifters in and out of traffic...allows me to concentrate on how much money I will be making at work today!

Have fun in school there Leg 99...call us when you are all growed up!

And finally thanks for surging on ahead and clearing the radar traps for us slower AT drivers!

i have not driven an 07 LGT with the SI drive. i'm assuming the shifting points are probably different than the 05/06?

and yes, in Sport Shift, the car shifts differently. however, I have not been stock for well over a year so I am not sure if the tuning will affect those shifting points (I don't believe so since that is why I had to do the Valve Body upgrade) or perhaps make it more noticeable.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

i have not driven an 07 LGT with the SI drive. i'm assuming the shifting points are probably different than the 05/06?

and yes, in Sport Shift, the car shifts differently. however, I have not been stock for well over a year so I am not sure if the tuning will affect those shifting points (I don't believe so since that is why I had to do the Valve Body upgrade) or perhaps make it more noticeable.

as i have stated...they seem to be. in full auto in s# i get to 60 then shift to third and i get around to 95 then go to 4th.

i have a 07 5 eat.

my theory...you guys may be letting off the gas in full auto.

On topic...I have seen that my shift points are different in sportshift as well...you are correct on that one!

J

it's because in full auto...even on my 07 5eat...the tranny will shift around 300rpm's earlier.

if you guys could give me your shift points we could compare. all i am readin is...my shift points are different.

btw m/t...what is your rpm's at 80mph?

I have a 5mt, it's completely stock, but way faster then a 5eat with stage II upgrades. Clutch makes a big difference in loss of WHP, while your 5eat is losing power, mine just keeps going, this isn't science, this is just obvious.

weird considering on THIS FORUM people have claimed that stage 1 is as fast as a stock manual.

can i remind you that we have different gear ratios? all 5 gears are completely different and so is our final drive.

IF the ratios were the exact same then MAYBE you could actually say who/what is faster.

I hardly pay attention when i'm in auto. when i am in sport shift, i know that the car just goes to redline and shifts, almost flawlessly. :)

that's what my s# does in full auto mode. shy about 300rpms.

what is your rpm's/speed going into 2nd and 3rd, 4th?

I absolutely love this fight...I think I started one when I was a noob here..Holy shit, like 2 years ago..and it never ends, as a matter of fact it gets funnier every time, back on topic...I have never used the sport mode at the standstill, oh wait, i have but never up to 3rd, but I have used manu mode to downshift when passing..so there's my .03

I think it is a my wang is bigger and more potent than you wang thing...

Age old story...!

As has been said it is all about lifestyle...that and comfort with who you are!

I gladly enjoy my AT for daily commuting...I have a blast with my Steering wheel shifters in and out of traffic...allows me to concentrate on how much money I will be making at work today!

Have fun in school there Leg 99...call us when you are all growed up!

And finally thanks for surging on ahead and clearing the radar traps for us slower AT drivers!

Like I said, my mom drives an automatic.

that's what my s# does in full auto mode. shy about 300rpms.

what is your rpm's/speed going into 2nd and 3rd, 4th?

don't have a clue, guess i will try and pay more attention next time i'm on it. tonight, i had it up to about 85 when i shifted to 3rd?? i really don't know. I just looked down, doing 85 in a 45 (to show my little buddy the car now that it's running well) and it just shifted into 3rd. i let off the gas and slowed back down... i could be wrong what gear it was, but i'm pretty sure it was third.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

My 5mt is way faster then any 5eat on here, stock vs any amount of mods. Lets do it!

you said faster right? not quicker?

faster...we have a taller 5th gear man. we automatically have a higher over all speed.

as i said...at 80 my rpms are right at 2800. what are yours?

you said faster right? not quicker?

faster...we have a taller 5th gear man. we automatically have a higher over all speed.

as i said...at 80 my rpms are right at 2800. what are yours?

Why are you arguing about something that is electronically limited?

Why are you arguing about something that is electronically limited?

same exact damn argument why people want to compare 2 entireley different transmissions with a completely different gear raios and final drives.

btw...doesn't the ap dump the speed limiter?

what are the m/t rpm's at 80mph?? that isn't limited now is it?

why the hell are you even involved in this.

why the hell are you even involved in this.

Last time I checked I was a member of this forum....I suppose I could be wrong. It has been a long day.

Thats great that you can cruise at 80 mph, taching at 2800 RPMs. I prefer to select my engine speed myself.

In my opinion the thread originator was just refering to the point of his thread name...I think your points are completely moot!

But hey it's been awhile since I've been to University and all, so I could have come to the incorrect conclusion here?

...unless of course you are chiming in for your Mom...if so get on point and we are fine...!

If not...start a new thread for yourself!

J

Archived