LegacyGT.com

Something Weird I Noticed About The 5EAT..

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol:

Okay, I'll bite, how so? It wasnt sarcasm, he's been saying the same thing in other threads..

Well, what (I think??) he was trying to say is that it really doesn't matter whose Legacy is faster than whose or who has an MT or who mods their cars or whatever... Because this is all on the internet. Not the track.

The track is where it matters, not here.

He even gave a hypothetical invite to a race, and notice nobody took him up on it. :)

EDIT: Okay I just noticed this post: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1130607&postcount=24 Yeah he's talking out of his ass. I take my previous comment back.

I'd like to get back to the 5eat discussion!

my 07 5eat doesn't do what he is describing. not in s or s# mode. imo...full auto seems to be the best way to go. it's gonna shift for you anyways. as i have said. mine will shift 300rpm before redline in full auto. car has soo much torque it doesn;t matter. i hit 60 then go into third then hit about 95 going into 4th. full auto.

i would really like to hear what other 5 eat owners shift poits are. i think the 07 may be different.

You should run it how you feel, save the shift mode for less trafficked areas, maybe like the freeway...There original question answered

i like the shift mode while trying to merge to the car pool lane. can hold the gear and just step on it when needed. no wait for a down shift etc. that's about all i use it for. i find the software to be prett good. the si drive does alter shifting a lot when in s#. it will hold that gear for you. even just going straight.

you know some autos you can kick the gas then release and it will shift? doesn't work in s#. just keeps holding. can take a few seconds of steady rpm to get it to finally drop.

Archived