LegacyGT.com

Something Weird I Noticed About The 5EAT..

Last time I checked I was a member of this forum....I suppose I could be wrong. It has been a long day.

Thats great that you can cruise at 80 mph, taching at 2800 RPMs. I prefer to select my engine speed myself.

for 1...you dont have either car involved in discussion and you most likely have zero experience. so, why are you involved again?

2) in fth at CRUISING speed...80 at 2800rpm...what is it in the manual?? everyone here claims they have one yet no one can answer? are there wannabe owner/liars on this board? "it is a mystery".

you just can't comprehend what is going on can you? in my 5 eat i can select any rpm as well. what's YOUR point? imo, you are kind of a clown and are forcing yourself into a thread you don't have anything to do with.

mine...auto has a higher top end that the manual. what is the m/t rpm at 80??

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In Sports Mode In 3rd Gear It Shifts At About 85mph(WOT) But In The TipTronic Or Sport Shift(What Ever You Guys Refer To It As)...My Car Shifts At 95Mph...So Dam How Should I Run My Car In Sports Or In Tip....

btw dude. i was in s...not s# and i was hitting 90 and it still didnt shift.

the 07's have to be different.

s and s# will shift at 95 in full auto. no sport shift neccessary.

for 1...you dont have either car involved in discussion and you most likely have zero experience. so, why are you involved again?

Pretty big words for someone who has been a member of this forum for two weeks. Clearly you have done a background check on me and know the history that I have with the Legacy and Subaru.

I suggest you start pumpin your brakes.

Pretty big words for someone who has been a member of this forum for two weeks. Clearly you have done a background check on me and know the history that I have with the Legacy and Subaru.

I suggest you start pumpin your brakes.

history has nothing to do with the 5eat if you have never driven one.

i own one...wait. i drove it up to 90 today and checked the shifting.

you??

didn't think so.

i don't give a rats ass who you are or your history. it has NOTHING to do with this thread. so why are you posting here again?? because you have a subaru? OH NOO!!! but wait...it has nothing to do with this thread and you know absolutely nothing about the shift points nor the si drive modes. reading mags is not the best way to know what's up. the gt in my garage says something you don't.

experience.

ps...new to the forum does not mean new to experience/life/or other forums. i bought the 07 back in october.

history has nothing to do with the 5eat if you have never driven one.

There is your problem. You are assuming that I have never driven because I dont own one. This simply isn't the case. Oh and guess what. I've driven the 2.5i too.

Thats great that you took your LGT up to 90 mph. Never doubted it, but hey lemme know when you learn how to drive a standard shift.:)

There is your problem. You are assuming that I have never driven because I dont own one. This simply isn't the case. Oh and guess what. I've driven the 2.5i too.

Thats great that you took your LGT up to 90 mph. Never doubted it, but hey lemme know when you learn how to drive a standard shift.:)

i was 14 under my moms supervision when i learned to drive stick. she has done drop clutch take offs before too. driven the german autobahn...etc.

actually...the 2.5i has NOTHING to do with this thread.

in "i" i took the legacy up to 110.

you just keep losing. give it up man. you have zero input in this thread except...i have a manual...it asked about a gt 5eat. of which you have neither. i happen to have a 07 gt 5eat with si drive which alters a lot of shifting. example...in "i" it will shift at wot at 5500 rpm's. s and s# will be 300 rpms short of redline yet they shift at ~95 in wot in full auto. no need for manual shift. did you know that manual shift will shift at redline for you if you don't? it's pretty pointless to even use the manual shift for 0-***. imo...the full auto's only issue is dropping to second instead of first under wot. but hey...250ftlb underrated torque will pull you through easily. other than that...it's fine. also...you have to be below a certain rpm to drop a gear in manual mode.

what input do you have that pertains to the topic of this thread?

what input do you have that pertains to the topic of this thread?

What input do I have that regards to this thread now that you've hijacked it? None.

Go work on your inferiority complex, cause you are evidently very threatened by me.

SLegacy99..do't you own an old 99?? Hell I think the auto 2.5i is faster than you..HAHA

Umm a car with 5 more hp that is 150 lbs heavier faster than my '99? Not likely. Maybe if the 2.5i had a rocket booster on the back.

well...i guess 0-60 in 9.0 or whatever in an N/A is something to aspire to...MT or AT

I guess that was supposed to be a shot at me. Well just FYI, the BD generation ('95-'99 sedans to break it down for you) take about 8.2 seconds for the autos and 7.7 seconds for the MTs.

What input do I have that regards to this thread now that you've hijacked it? None.

Go work on your inferiority complex, cause you are evidently very threatened by me.

Dude...you just don't seem to get it...what the collective are trying to say here is that you are not providing any constructive input to what we are talking about...!

...and I think that I speak for the majority here when I say that you are not so much "threatening" our (apparently) obvious "inferiority complex" as you are just "FREAKING ANNOYING" ... which apparently is the purpose of your continued 'drivel' !

So with that said...move on...start your own thread if you want to talk about the performance of your 99 LGT "MT" ...we will be all ears...!

But in leiu of that, be constructive in your contributions so that those of us interested in this thread can learn a little about our rides...at the moment you are more like the skid mark I seem to get on my thong after a bad wipe!

This request is made with all due respect...!

Let's move on!

J

I doubt that I am a noob, and SLegacy99 took the first pop shot at the AT owners, turbo owners at that

that is the problem.

he is bent on m/t vs a/t when this thread clearly illustrates 5eat shifting. it's not a vs thing, more of a wtf thing specifically for the gt turbo 5eat.

with that being said...my 5 eat definitely does not shift the way the original thread has.

trdvibe i think your name is...

was thinking...if you have an sti swap then your redline is 7k right? or is it 6500 for the 5eat? IF at 7, your shift points will be different than ours.

Archived