LegacyGT.com

window frameing- your take?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Frameless windows on the Legacy are great they just suffer from poor execution by Subaru. Unfortunately Subaru has interpreted the complaints to mean people don't want them so now here come the frames :(

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p61/sebberry/forum%20pics/disclaimer2.jpg

Fricken gorgeous! We soooooo need a decal like this on the windows! My coworker would incessantly grab the window with his WHOLE HAND (rather than a polite, but still ignorant finger or two push) and close the door that way.

He moved on and is no longer my co-worker....no, not because of that. :lol:

BTW, I love the frameless and have not had a speed issue - window pulling away at all.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

like the door handle?:confused:

well it is awkward to close the door with the flush style handles on the legacy, the type on the impreza is much easier to use. i think subaru should use these handles on the legacy as well as implement a seal such as on the porsche, bmw, mercedes where the window actually tucks up under a top part of the door opening. this system is much more secure. i hate having to wipe water off the INSIDE of the window after i wash the car... WTF?

but even as they are i love the frameless windows.

...as well as implement a seal such as on the porsche, bmw, mercedes where the window actually tucks up under a top part of the door opening.

this would be great but would effect the overall price of the car IMO

In My 96 Impreza the only time the frame less windows bothered me was during those cold Rochester winters, when the rubber would get so hard and brittle it was like having nothing at all. The 06 Leggy what a huge improvement in both cold the cold weather and highway driving.

Have to try a WRX with the frames for a comparo.

In My 96 Impreza the only time the frame less windows bothered me was during those cold Rochester windows, when the rubber would get so hard and brittle it was like having nothing at all. The 06 Leggy what a huge improvement in both cold the cold weather and highway driving.

Have to try a WRX with the frames for a comparo.

My 95 Impreza I was scared to open the door on very cold mornings as the rubber would get stuck to the window and I thought it would tear off.

Isn't the claim from Subaru (and other mfrs who use frameless windows) that by placing the metal that would go to the window frame into the frame of the car instead, safety and rigidity is improved?
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Isn't the claim from Subaru (and other mfrs who use frameless windows) that by placing the metal that would go to the window frame into the frame of the car instead, safety and rigidity is improved?

Yeah, that makes sense, alas no longer for Subaru... 2008 Impreza, Tribeca, 2009 Forester... Legacy next to axe frameless.

Archived