LegacyGT.com

Uh, oh...somebody talk me out of the Outback!

I dont think i would want to lower the car at all. I am looking for the "out of the box" fun factor. I wish the XT wasn't at a higher ride hieght than the others. Now if I could only get some pricing. I think that would narrow down my choices. So in a nutshell, in your experience, the outback had flatter handling with a more forgiving ride? Am I getting this right or have I completely missd it? I doubt that I will push the car near it's limits anyway.

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='apexjapan']Two for one special: At least in Japan, Legacy 3.0 vs. Outback 3.0 back to back, the suspension on the Outback was more roll resistant and damped than the Legacy. YMMV on American models, but they did do it that way to counter the fact that the Outback has a higher COG but was going to go as fast as the Legacy. Cheers, Paul Hansen[/quote] You're killing me, Paul. Mmmmm...black XT, done and out the door. Yes, the XT would have to be black, stress and insanity be damned. The only question would be what to get for snow wheels, since my P1s are too nice for winter wheels. :lol: Kevin[/quote] Sube has got my eye on the atlantic blue... :drool:

Just a note here - this is for the JDM, USDM tuning may differ. The JDM Outback had a slightly *firmer* ride and cornered flatter. It was also a tad bit less jiggly, and felt more comfortable to be driving. Cheers, Paul Hansen

[quote name='Dr. Zevil'][quote name='gtguy'][quote name='apexjapan']Two for one special: At least in Japan, Legacy 3.0 vs. Outback 3.0 back to back, the suspension on the Outback was more roll resistant and damped than the Legacy. YMMV on American models, but they did do it that way to counter the fact that the Outback has a higher COG but was going to go as fast as the Legacy. Cheers, Paul Hansen[/quote] You're killing me, Paul. Mmmmm...black XT, done and out the door. Yes, the XT would have to be black, stress and insanity be damned. The only question would be what to get for snow wheels, since my P1s are too nice for winter wheels. :lol: Kevin[/quote] Sube has got my eye on the atlantic blue... :drool:[/quote] You know you want it! :twisted:

I'm actually leaning more toward the OBXT myself, as I'm thinking of leaving the suspension and brakes OE on my next ride. I think I've crossed the threshold where I'm no longer willing to make my daily commute car track worthy. Thoughts of a pleasant commute into the city, soaking-up rain gutters and broken asphalt, while enconsed in soft leather has its appeal. I know my wife will prefer the OBXT, as she has SUV on the brain. I'm thinking of leaving the OBXT relatively stock (Momo shift nob and stromung cat-back-must hear to shift), and spending my mod money on a track-oriented Miata ($5K).

Damn! I should have never read this thread! I thought I had made my decision. $#@%!! :evil: :!: :lol: :lol: I know it's more of an Edmunds thing but I think we need an OTFC (On The Fence Club) here to! -Ian

I don't think we could really initiate the OTFC without Paisan here. Personally I think the Outback vs. Legacy decision should pretty much be made on the basis of ground clearance. If you like it, need it, or want it, the Outback is your choice. Otherwise the Legover does it all for less.

I'm on about the same spot OTF as SUBE - WRX wagon or Legacy GT. A base 5MT GT is probably already going to be hitting the ceiling of how much I want to spend, I imagine the OXT will be beyond that ceiling. Randy

Welcome rwitte. :) I can't imagine that OB XT will be cheap. Particularly over a Legacy GT. OB's are always more expensive. It's gotta be that extra material to make that suspension higher and side cladding. ;)

[quote name='SUBE555'] It's gotta be that extra material to make that suspension higher and side cladding. ;)[/quote] lol. Yeah, I liked the interior of the OB XT when we sat in it at Chicago. Someone at work has a recent model Outback sedan. It's so weird seeing a sedan, since I mostly only see wagons.

• 2 months later...
Guest *Jedimaster*
Hey guys- just saw this thread- lots of good info- my OB XT Ltd. goes for about 960 more than a Legacy GT wagon Ltd., so if you want the OB version, it's not that much more.

Archived