LegacyGT.com

Help with Advertising Project about Legacy's.

Hello everyone, I'm hoping some of you can help me come up with ideas for a term project in my Advertising class (MARKETING 3430.)

Basically I have to choose a product and make a One Year Plan, as if I worked for the companies Advertising department. I of course picked the Legacy, because honestly there isn't enough advertising for this car.

I have to obviously be creative and breakdown EVERYTHING.

Brainstorming I thought I would target and make commercials of how the Legacy is Rugged/Luxury. So some sort of commercial about someone doing a 9-5 office job and then going off to do some extreme mountain biking afterwards.

I don't know, it's supposed to be creative, so I figured i minus well ask you experts.

GO crazy with ideas guys.... please. :icon_chee

Topics to be Included:

I Intro

II Goals of Advertising Campaign (my purpose of campaign)

III Types of Advertising Strategy and Campaign (something different)

IV Mark Analysis (target market, product analysis, competitive analysis)

V Advertising Theme (the appeal, concept)

VI Advertising Message

VII Media Mix Plan

VIII Print Advertising (What kind? layout for newspaper/,agazine/billboard)

IX Broadcast Advertising (TV/storyboard/radio fact sheet)

X Budget Total and Methodology

XI Complete Advertising Campaign (public relations..)

XII Control (Schedule of Pretest and Posttest and Rationale)

XIII Future (Short term/Long term effect)

thanks everyone.

haha... I actually looked at it as an "Opportunity" for all the members of this community to express their feelings and ideas of how Subaru can improve it's marketing... so maybe "thank you's" are in order..... no?...nothing?

haha... I actually looked at it as an "Opportunity" for all the members of this community to express their feelings and ideas of how Subaru can improve it's marketing... so maybe "thank you's" are in order..... no?...nothing?

If I help will you email it to me when its finished?:lol:

I'll be happy to email to anyone when I finish, lets hope I will be sending out 'A' papers, we shall see. ... Corvette drag sounds hilarious.. might be my commercial, thanks Crawdaddy. If the gay/lesbian thing is already working for Suby then I might have to steer away from that. Why Lance in a black one?

Have a drag race between a Legacy GT and a Corvette. And just when the Corvette looks like it's about to pull away, the drag strip becomes dirt.

The Legacy continues on, and the Corvette spins out.

thats actually a good idea for an sti commercial becuase the big idea is performance capability. but i dont think subaru needs to spend a cent to advertise the sti and a wrx up against a vette may be a reach and backfire. but on the other hand you could the same cocept to advertise the subaru awd system and turbo 2.5s found in the wrx, forester, legacy, etc.. instead of the actual sti. i forget what the term is for that. it would be a sweet commercial.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

true, i want to target the consumer focusing on something Subaru is good at, and maybe AWD is it, I remeber a video they had floating around here of an Outback vs a Volvo Wagon... no contest. What else sets Legacys apart from everyone else?

You could do a video of it raping a riced out import in a race and make the claim that it demands respect from young and old. For the old video clip you could have a father checking out the safety features before letting a kid take his daughter out. Maybe the kid shows him the crash test rating for top of class.

hehe, good one boostsr20 i can have the kid make a presentation about the safety features and 5 star ratings, all this just to be allowed to take the daughter out, don't know if racing commercials are appropriate though.

I would have a sti on dirt, flying through corners, then having it come towards a paved road and then the sti turns into a legacy. And say something along the lines of "rally inspired handing and performance but comfortable enough for the drive home." etc etc

I think your biggest goal in determining what to do and where to take this is WHO are you trying to reach with this? What's your target market? WHY do these people need to know about the Legacy and WHAT does it offer that others don't?

I just wrote on Subaru of America in an MBA class and the prof went after me since he wasn't sure I clarified EXACTLY why I was going after SOA. In his eyes, Subaru was well known to those who buy them. That's all that mattered to him. Who else needs to know about them? Everyone who wants one knows it exists right? WRONG. :) That was what I had to explain better. The problem I tried to explain to him was that there was soooooooo much more to Subaru overseas that they don't offer here and that they could really take on the competition if they advertised what they had. That included taking the technologies and offerings from overseas and applying it here. :D

(<---Marketing undergrad so I did this same project with Netflix about 6 years ago. :) Wish I had sent it to them since they eventually used some of our ideas in comparing the old school video renting vs. the new Netflix way.)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

ok so page 1 is cool.... and page 2 is about lesbians? :lol: (not that there's anything wrong with that.) thanks guys, a lot of good stuff here.... ok so i started brainstorming and thought i could target College grads or. like people who are about to graduate or going to get a Masters, etc. and want a professional/safe/affordable car.

And then I was thinking of having Subaru Scholarships.... and a contest drawing for a Leggy when you buy lets say... a Kenneth Cole bag, NorthFace bookbag or like a Coach bag. (Targeting Men and Woman.)

And those 3 companies could incorporate Trim Packages, like a Kenneth Cole Edition Leggy (having like a brick colored leather), the North Face could be more outdoorsy and the Coach one could be you know...pretty.

To focus more on college kids I could have Subaru throw concerts at college campuses having the Legacys parked around for the spectators to see.

what do you think? i know College kids kinda narrows the market down, but my assignment is not necessarily make the most profit, but "think outside the box."

you have a point. what else can i focus on? i was thinking somewhere around the lines of "Get a grip of your future with the AWD of a Subaru.".. something about Careers - College - and Legacy.

Archived