LegacyGT.com

Dilled and slotted roters how come you never see them?

f85stealth

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a little side tracked but interresting of the boys who race their corvettes http://www.corvetteforum.com many use AutoZone replacement rotors about $30 @ not drilled or slotted just plain blanks. depending on the track/speeds they figure use cheap rotors b/c they just get trashed anyway and they replace as needed considering you can buy four for the price of one "name" rotor. all other brake components are top quailty ie. pads, fluid, lines, etc. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

a little side tracked but interresting of the boys who race their corvettes www.corvetteforum.com many use AutoZone replacement rotors about $30 @ not drilled or slotted just plain blanks. depending on the track/speeds they figure use cheap rotors b/c they just get trashed anyway and they replace as needed considering you can buy four for the price of one "name" rotor. all other brake components are top quailty ie. pads, fluid, lines, etc. bosco

Well that's for a different application altogether, and they are right; for the most part a lot of cars can do perfectly fine with blanks, even the "cheap" ones with no namebrand on them.

I'll probably get some flak for this but a lot of the BBK's floating around here were installed more for looks than actually needing them (as some have stated before, the stock LGT brakes can take some serious track abuse with just some pads and fluid), so I think needing them replaced every xx number of laps is the least of the owner's worries ;)

a little side tracked but interresting of the boys who race their corvettes www.corvetteforum.com many use AutoZone replacement rotors about $30 @ not drilled or slotted just plain blanks. depending on the track/speeds they figure use cheap rotors b/c they just get trashed anyway and they replace as needed considering you can buy four for the price of one "name" rotor. all other brake components are top quailty ie. pads, fluid, lines, etc. bosco

makes sense to me only if the rotor itself last just as long weather its cheep or not.

i'm just letting you all know how the other guys do things. personally i love drilled rotors and would have a set if they made some to fit my stock wheels. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

They do make drilled rotors that fit stock wheels...

i checked two vendors here Liteswap and Mach V neither one has drilled rotors do you have a link to drilled rotors that can use my stock calipers? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

i'm just letting you all know how the other guys do things. personally i love drilled rotors and would have a set if they made some to fit my stock wheels. bosco

my Rotora BBK is made to fit under the stock LGT 17" wheels.

Lot's of pretty brake hardware in this thread. :wub:

(and money) :lol:

yup a lot of money, i wouldnt have gotten mine except the who was selling them brand new sold them to me for $300 less than he originally paid for (he totalled his car before he had a chance to install them so he was desperate for cash)

Try doing a search on Ebay...I think the name of the comapny is R1concepts or soemthing like that. They have two versions, one has slots and one row of holes the other has slots and two rows of holes between slots.

you are corrct http://www.r1concepts.com is the site. i just ordered a set f/r of the R1 Premium drilled/slotted/zinc plated for $433.11 shipped.

before the flaming starts i just want everyone to know that all i wanted was quailty drilled rotors for the "bling", this car will not be tracked so i don't care about the cracking horror stories and if they do crack i'll try something different. i will be using Hawk HPS pads and Motul fluid.

R1concepts is a ISO9002/QS9000/VDA6 certified company and thats a good thing btw. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Well good info everyone thanks....im not looking to replace the calipers because this car will see the track maybe once or twice its might be a street racer once in a blue moon at some point ,it dont hardly get beat on ever or will. But i have a spec b with the 18" wheels so i dont know if the brakes are different from the gt to the spec b?

you are corrct www.r1concepts.com is the site. i just ordered a set f/r of the R1 Premium drilled/slotted/zinc plated for $433.11 shipped.

before the flaming starts i just want everyone to know that all i wanted was quailty drilled rotors for the "bling", this car will not be tracked so i don't care about the cracking horror stories and if they do crack i'll try something different. i will be using Hawk HPS pads and Motul fluid.

R1concepts is a ISO9002/QS9000/VDA6 certified company and thats a good thing btw. bosco

By the way I think the rotors they sell are made by Centric: http://www.centricparts.com/INDEX2.HTML I did a search on the brake pads they supply with some of the kits and it pointed back to Centric, then as I looked at the description on the rotors they seems very similar.

By the way I think the rotors they sell are made by Centric: http://www.centricparts.com/INDEX2.HTML I did a search on the brake pads they supply with some of the kits and it pointed back to Centric, then as I looked at the description on the rotors they seems very similar.

good to know. btw any company in the ISO program will more than likely be high quailty parts. we shall see. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived