LegacyGT.com

New TSX for my wife

Bought a new TSX for my wife. We were looking for an entry level luxury sedan with good gas mileage. The LGT was on the list....kinda. We sat down and talked numbers on the TSX and they cut us a really nice deal. Got it with navigation (only option). The nav system works extremely well. It's fast and you can use it on the fly. Used it to travel this weekend and it was dead on with everything. The voice control works very well. It actually did come in handy for changing radio stations. (between FM and XM and AM) and for adjusting the air conditioning. Seats are great and the stereo is good. The XM interface is very nice through the navigation. The engine is OK. Great gas mileage all around. Averaged 27.5 in mixed traffic. TQ is a bit low but once the revs are up its a fun car. The bluetooth is great. Again its for my wife so power is a secondary concern. I'm looking forward to the next gen 2009 TSX with the new Turbo 4 from the RDX. (possible AWD)

Before anyone flames about "you should have gotten a LGT." I owned one before. It was a good car. My wife said she would get one. I called two dealerships in the area (within a 40min drive) and none of them had a navigation equipped GT. I asked them to price one out if they could locate one. The price was nowhere near as competitive. I would have liked the AWD for the weather but FWD with stability control is enough for our needs. If Subaru had Bluetooth integration, availability of navigation (actually at local dealers, with some different color choices), better seats (hated my seats), HID, and a better stereo I might have spent the extra money.

You get it from Acura of West Chester? My dad has been twice and no one ever tries to sell him a car. You would think when a guy shows up in an A6 and is lookin at cars, even asks for a salesman that you might pay attention to him. Nope.

They did let my brother test drive an RSX before, but they weren't willing to take him Impreza as a trade in. And the RSX is awfully SLLLLLOOOOOW. But I do love the TSX. Great fuel economy and styling. I would love on in red.

...and stay away from Rafferty Subaru in the future. Crooked stuff goin on there.

We looked at the X-over segment and were very close to buying one. CX-9, CX-7, Edge. The CX-9 was by far the best but I wasn't willing to spend the money for the features I wanted. Everything was packaged and it would end up a 40k vehicle. The CX-7 was cool but my wife hates the styling and the tech package was so expensive. The Edge was just a total bust. Handling was floaty, comfort was OK, power was fine but the transmission was horrible and the brakes felt like they were off a taurus. Really too bad. Overall gas mileage was not good on any of them. (with my wife's driving, her gas consumption is 1/2 her car payment or more)

Dealt with Acura of West Chester. They were very easy to work with and cut me a great deal. (Very different experience from the last time I tried to buy a car from them.. ended up going to Acura of Ardmore last time) Acura of West Chester had a ton in stock. Almost all colors with a mix of different options (nav,auto, 6speed) My salesguy Kris was actually pretty decent.

I dealt with Rafferty for my last Subaru. Really don't have much of an opinion on them. Robert's in D-town is a joke since they don't really carry inventory.

I've had several SUVs. I'm mixed with buying them. Many accidents can be avoided if you have a good handling car. I was out driving in her 06 Explorer with Roll Stability control. There was a fallen branch in a blind turn. I barely avoided the branch and the entire situation was scary. (A less experienced driver would have struck the branch or went off the road) The truck nearly lost control. I have had similar experiences in my Legacy and GTO and it would have been a simple swerve. The X-vers are better but 5000lbs of mass is still 5000lbs.

I feel that all wives should have SUV's :) Keeps em safe, as well as any kids!

I think the majority of new sedans have better crash test ratings than new SUVs. (Read Explorer/Firestone)

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

I think the majority of new sedans have better crash test ratings than new SUVs. (Read Explorer/Firestone)

I would rather have my wife get hit by a sedan in her tribeca, than in my LGT. I would also rather my kids be in a tribeca, than the lgt, if there was an accident.

Theres no doubting the tsx is hot. I drove behind one on my way to work today, good looking cars.

One thing that Subaru could never (and likely will never) figure out was a good integration between the navi system and the sound system, satelite radio, aircon, voice activation...

It's too bad that they went with a Kenwood unit that basically just "sits ontop" of whatever else is there instead of integrates nicely with it. :(

That was the problem my wife had with it when I showed it to her "online." I might as well just buy a nav and toss it on the windshield. The advantage to the nav on the TSX was the voice intregation and the large display for the other functions. (Basically the Radio and XM) It was worth it to me. The stereo isn't as good at the TLs but it is far better then the GT's.

Archived