LegacyGT.com

New wheel market announcement

IwannaSportSedan

you know me...

Champagne taste on a beer budget. I just found out the retail prices... $500+ per wheel for 18x7.5, and just a couple more bucks for each wider size, 8.0, 8.5, and 9.5 sizes. There is a vendor on NASIOC offering better prices, but it is still pretty well $$$.

before shipping. That is nearly 2200$ for wheels, sans tires. They look fantastic, and if I had the cash I would probably order them. Unfortunately, the money just isn't there. Somebody like CreoSTI, or someone with some modding funds should buy some, if they like 'em, and post pictures.

I think I'm going to get a set in 17.

Now I just need to decide on Hyper Silver or Bronze for GRP. I'm kind of don't want dark rims again but this bronze doesn't look too dark, which is nice. But the silver also looks pretty good too. Its not a stock wheel silver and its not too blingy either. Ug, decisions, decisions.

EDIT: So, I've got an order in for some 17x8 +48 Hyper Silver ones. Hopefully they leave Japan in a timely manner and I get them within the next month or so.

...FYI, avoid Modacar Automotive Accessories, in Livermore, CA. They employ dishonest business practices. They lied to me on several occaisions, and unloaded the wrong product on me, just to get my sale, and now won't refund all of my money to return those wheels.

have you reported them to the BBB?

I think I'm going to get a set in 17.

Now I just need to decide on Hyper Silver or Bronze for GRP. I'm kind of don't want dark rims again but this bronze doesn't look too dark, which is nice. But the silver also looks pretty good too. Its not a stock wheel silver and its not too blingy either. Ug, decisions, decisions.

EDIT: So, I've got an order in for some 17x8 +48 Hyper Silver ones. Hopefully they leave Japan in a timely manner and I get them within the next month or so.

Wish I had the cash, can't wait to see these on GRP although I think I'd go for bronze. Do you know the weight? Care to reveal prices?

I don't know the weight because for street wheels I don't really care and therefore I didn't ask. I will, though, weigh them before I mount tires for all those interested.

As for price, earlier in this thread I posted what I was willing to pay. I paid roughly just under that maximum for all 4 shipped to my doorstep.

Archived