LegacyGT.com

Launching an auto tips?

I am noob...tranny cooler SHOULD be put on my stock car? What will it do? How much? Warranty issues? note:I NEED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT TECHNICAL CAR INFO

+1

Oh, and figured I can make up for the crappy sprint with a COBB Stage 1 or 2 tune, eh? :)

Trans coolers are a good idea on even a stock car. How your dealer will react, I don't know. Heat is the number one enemy of an automatic transmission. Coolers can lower temps by 20 degrees which increase longevity by something like 40%. Can't remember exactly. Wukindada knows more about it that me.

If warranty is your concern go down & talk to them about it. I have had the car @ 2 different dealers and have never had a issue.

Bottom line is if you drive the car the way it was built to be driven get a tranny cooler. I would even suggest that upgrade as the first one to address.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Like I said before. Conditions otuside were great, I was running 19psi peak and 16 at redline on Race gas. I only ran it like that a couple passes at the strip. On normal Stage 2 boost I was hitting 13.2's at 101 all night.

MOds

Flow UP/DP

Exhaust dumped after shorty

TDC Stage 2 map wastegate helper spring GHETTO AS HELL, NOT RECOMMENDED LOL

Torco 110 race fuel

ok, i can see how your times are a bit faster. 19 psi boost? mine hasn't ever gone over 15.5 psi PEAK! i'm sure if i had mine up to 19 psi, i could probably hit much lower numbers. and no TMIC??? i still do not see how your top end got you 105 mph on a 5eat! are you power braking the hell out of that tranny? taking out and stripping the car to just the driver's seat??? LOL

and a tranny cooler will not void your warranty! we already have a lame built in one, but the Hayden serpentine cooler will increase the longevity of your tranny, regardless of mods or no mods.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

ok, i can see how your times are a bit faster. 19 psi boost? mine hasn't ever gone over 15.5 psi PEAK! i'm sure if i had mine up to 19 psi, i could probably hit much lower numbers. and no TMIC??? i still do not see how your top end got you 105 mph on a 5eat! are you power braking the hell out of that tranny? taking out and stripping the car to just the driver's seat??? LOL

and a tranny cooler will not void your warranty! we already have a lame built in one, but the Hayden serpentine cooler will increase the longevity of your tranny, regardless of mods or no mods.

You need to read my post. The wastegate helper spring kept me at 16 psi at redline and had spikes of 19 (disabled the BCS for the two runs). Normally boost at redline is near 10 for 1st and second gear and near 11 for 3 and four. Imagine another 4 psi on top of that. I'm in now way saying this is safe and thats why I only ran it like that twice.

You need to read my post. The wastegate helper spring kept me at 16 psi at redline and had spikes of 19 (disabled the BCS for the two runs). Normally boost at redline is near 10 for 1st and second gear and near 11 for 3 and four. Imagine another 4 psi on top of that. I'm in now way saying this is safe and thats why I only ran it like that twice.

my point. this is how you got those crazy ass numbers! glad someone brought this back up, was trying to show hubby your timeslip. ;) still, great for bragging rights, 5EAT stock VF40 with just a few mods!

http://www.autoanything.com/coolers/65A3046A0A0.aspx

is this a good tranny cooler? also, which measurments should i get

looks fine, but Hayden tranny cooler is cheaper, even after shipping. just read through this thread:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17293&highlight=tranny+cooler

I didn't really do it for online braggin rights, Rather bragging rights over a couple cocky GTO owners that were stock with Drag radials. Normally I wouldn't unbolt the exhaust and run dangerous boost levels but they were asking for it. Won a couple bucks on the deal too. :)

well, i'm shooting for 12's safely. i'll need to work on my launches a little. it's been awhile and i promised hubby no more torque braking (unreasonably high)

Archived