LegacyGT.com

Dyno results: stock Madzaspeed3

hey guys, took my MS3 to a "Dyno Day" event. not too shabby for a pure stock Mazdaspeed3

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/BOXRPWR/DynoKevMS3-1.jpg

here's a short vid clip....its a 4th gear pull

Login to a private Photobucket.com album

let the flaming begin! :)

I'll go first......"who gives a sh*t! it's a FWD car."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nah. I actually took off my TurboXS race pipe 'cause the gaskets kept leaking. and I resold my Mazdaspeed CAI before I ever installed it 'cause a few guys were throwing a CEL for Too Lean condition.

I've truly decided to take a slow pace to modding this time around. Cobb put out a really sweet list of MS3 mods they are in R&D on including a CAI, exhaust, FMIC and, of course, the new AP. I figured it was a wise bet that Cobb will do things right. So I'm waiting patiently for them.

As far as the dyno goes, it seemed "in line" from what little I could tell. Other stock MS3's have been in the 240 whp range. There were several hot MBs that showed up. Three E55s, a new E63, and a C43. Those blown MBs are some shitz. Over 400 wtq before 2,500 rpms and held flat as a pancake to redline. DAMN!

Over 400 wtq before 2,500 rpms and held flat as a pancake to redline. DAMN!

http://www.mcnproductions.com/misc/clk633.jpg

475hp/465ft.lbs. and I didn't even get a chance to drive it for more than a couple blocks (during break-in), since my father turned the car back in for a more civilized CLK550 a month later... :mad:

-Mike-

I was going to buy a MS3 instead of the LGT but I needed a new car and I was getting impatient w/ the release date of the car. I also work for Ford, which owns Mazda, and I could of gotten employee pricing. Not a huge deal on that car but it would of been nice. Drove a MS6 instead and hated it, so I bought the LGT.

-David

several mag reviews hitting the stands for best "Pocket Rocket" car. So far, the MS3 is the big winner 3-for-3 different mags. Here is a summary of results from Edmunds.com The latest C&D mag managed a 5.4 sec 0-60 mph for the MS3!

Pocketrockets.JPG.9fe3ec5fd45750f232be59493f9d2760.JPG

well then, I guess I'll just have to color-copy my latest edition of C&D that's sitting on the back of my toilet right now. It has the MS3 in first place after a variety of tests including 0-60 mph time.

hey guys, took my MS3 to a "Dyno Day" event. not too shabby for a pure stock Mazdaspeed3

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/BOXRPWR/DynoKevMS3-1.jpg

here's a short vid clip....its a 4th gear pull

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/BOXRPWR/th_CLIP0048.jpg

let the flaming begin! :)

I'll go first......"who gives a sh*t! it's a FWD car."

Holy mother of rich AFR's above 5K rpm! BTW Kev, your old parts just made 408whp/402tq on my car today :p

^ So do you wish you would have gotten a MS3?

Well I never test drove the MS3 because no dealers had them yet. I only had a week to buy a car because Carmax offered me $2,500 more for the trade in on my VR4 then the Subaru dealer. According to cars.com's "smart target price", the MS3 sport and grand sport go for $22,390 and $24,071 and the invoice prices are $21,399 and $22,999. I got my LGT for $1,650 under invoice. Since I work for a Ford dealer I get employee pricing so if I can get a MS3 for a similiar deal under invoice ($20,000-$21,500) then it sounds like a great deal, considering thats $5000+ less then the LGT. I like the LGT and I didn't want to sell it so soon but I know it wouldn't be hard to sell because no dealers have diamond grey's anymore a lot of people would want a low mileage LGT. I enjoy my lazy automatic though but I miss a manual also. (thought about buying a weekend toy to have the best of both worlds)

Another problem is I work at a Land Rover dealer and at the end of the summer the Range Rover Sport employee lease program starts again. Any Sport on the lot for 100 days can be leased for $300-$350 a month!!!! That's a good ammount less then the LGT and the Sport is a $56,000+ SUV. DECISIONS, DECISIONS, DECISIONS...........

-David

Glanced at a tuner mag the other day in Walmart. They had a MS3 with intake and turboback...tuned...not 100% sure, but something like 278whp/309wtq. Still FWD...:mad: That's asking a lot out of the front tires.

Archived