LegacyGT.com

Dyno results: stock Madzaspeed3

yeah when they first came out it took the local dealer about 3 months to get one yet a remote dealership had six. did not make sense to me, but then again i am not in the bizz, ane even those were sold fairly quickly

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did a search on http://www.mazdausa.com for mazdaspeed3's within 100 miles of my zip code, and there were 3. Correspond that to the 20 mazdaspeed6's they have. I would say the speed3 is selling well. I still haven't seen one yet though (at least one hasn't caught my eye, there are only 1 billion speed 3 hatches on the road).

i just did a 150 mile search and 0 results came up apparently everyone in Nor Cal likes the speed3

coincidently i found an artical which i am sure that you have read that showed the dynos of a si, gti, and ms3 basically they said they liked the overall 'peak' numbers of the speed3 but wished that it had a twin scroll set up to nullify the twitchiness of the hp and tq curves. I was wondering if you had the same feelings with your ms3?

just curious as i really like the looks of this car and I am interested

The Mazda 3 is one of those cars that I just plain like, I've always like them since they came out. Now that the Mazdaspeed 3 is out, I would love to buy one for a next vehicle, but I need a something different right now since we have a baby on the way. I've been waiting hear more personal opinions on them just out of pure curiosity, glad I found this.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

i just did a 150 mile search and 0 results came up apparently everyone in Nor Cal likes the speed3

coincidently i found an artical which i am sure that you have read that showed the dynos of a si, gti, and ms3 basically they said they liked the overall 'peak' numbers of the speed3 but wished that it had a twin scroll set up to nullify the twitchiness of the hp and tq curves. I was wondering if you had the same feelings with your ms3?

just curious as i really like the looks of this car and I am interested

When you get it flashed, it pretty much completely fixes this.

what does the reflash do? i read that it takes the tq converter out of the picture for first and second gears but that does not speak to useable tq from an rpm stand point. unless i am wrong which very well could be the case! please let me know the dynos on both here and the artical show low tq before 3000 and after 6000rpms if i am not mistaken, this is roughly 3800 rpms or 55.88% of the power band that are not getting all the juice that there possibly could be.

Well, Cobb is developing the AccessPort ECU tuner for both the MS6 and MS3. Neither products are out yet. Typical Cobb progress, they said Spring and now they say Summer. I expect it perhaps by July. hopefully

There's a good article on the Cobb forum about the initial insights they got from dyno testing their own Speed3. Its a strong sign of Cobb's commitment in the fact that they purchased their own Speed3 for R&D purposes. Man, what a wonderful life those dudes must live!

I will find it and link it here. I'm pretty sure you have to join the Cobb Forum to view anything on it. Its no big deal. Free of course. You just have to do the normal registration thing.

Bottomline is there is most definately power left on the table for the MS3. The fact that the AFRs fall into pig rich territory (below 10) halfway through the rpm band says there's easy power to gain. Once you free-up the exhaust and get a good CAI installed its just gonna be gravy on top!

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32452

Archived