LegacyGT.com

Ill 5 Ill 6..... Not what you think!

BigT

So I've been noticing that my car display on my 05 LGT says Ill5 and Ill6 sometimes... I am not hitting it with my knee! I know that has already been discussed elsewhere. But seriously, sometimes while I'm driving it will just say Ill 5 or Ill 6. More often than not it will fluctuate between the two and then revert to the odometer display. I've listed a set of descriptions below to do with my car. Any input would be good.

1. Remote start installed, so the lights flicker when I have them off, so I just leave them on all the time and press the illuminate button on the carputer underneath the cubby.

2. I have HIDs

3. Yeah thats about it.... I thought this list was gonna be longer.

Anybody have any ideas? Also, why do my lights turn into strobe lights with my remote start?

you don't have to hit it with your knee. don't think it's related to your other issues. happens to mine occasionally. If i remember from another post, you may be able to bring it back to the dealer to get the switch replaced. I'm not concerned though, doesn't happen to mine enough.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

It's exactly what I think. A lack of searching has led another n00b to falsely believe he's posting something a bazillion of us didn't already know about.

Get the dealer to check it as others have suggested. They've replaced several under warranty. If you're out of warranty, then you'll need to decide if you want to do it yourself.

It's exactly what I think. A lack of searching has led another n00b to falsely believe he's posting something a bazillion of us didn't already know about.

Get the dealer to check it as others have suggested. They've replaced several under warranty. If you're out of warranty, then you'll need to decide if you want to do it yourself.

wow, the dealer told me it's normal and not to worry about it. mine does it consistently after 30 minutes of driving. they claimed it was not an issue and not in need of repair

wow, the dealer told me it's normal and not to worry about it. mine does it consistently after 30 minutes of driving. they claimed it was not an issue and not in need of repair

typical dealer reply. they don't want to take the time to fix it.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

PMSing? You should get the doctor to check out your hemorrhaging vag.

Has anyone noticed that those that have issues have it set on 5 or 6. I don't know how any of you can drive around with the instruements that bright. I have it set on 1 and some times wish it was dimmer. But with over 65K miles, I have not had any problems with it.

Has anyone noticed that those that have issues have it set on 5 or 6. I don't know how any of you can drive around with the instruements that bright. I have it set on 1 and some times wish it was dimmer. But with over 65K miles, I have not had any problems with it.

I've noticed that on a dark street on the suburbs I like it lower too, but here in the city if I don't have it on 5 or 6 the external lights (cars, streetlights, signs, buildings etc.) it gets totally blocked out. You can't even see the stars at night here :( Just a purple hue in the sky.

You still don't have to be an ass about it. This isn't NASIOC!

Thanks Drew. But hey I guess we're still n00bs because we're under 1000 posts. :lol: I think I'll try North Coast Subaru for the info panel. They seem to be pretty good about mods.

it's an electrical gremlin. could be the switch, could be static. my car does this and i haven't modifed the interior at all. i've also seen the stereo volume change on it's own. i think it's supposed to do this to distract you so you don't notice that the focking glove box opened again...

Archived