LegacyGT.com

TDC Stage 2 Logs

VTGT

It's not optimal, but if that has some heatsoak on the IC, then your tune is pretty good. It could use a tweak, but nothing that is needed immediately or impending engine damage will occur.

Logs have to be interpreted with alot of finesse, knowledge of engine combo, and hosts of other variables. It is not a simple black & white picture, there is a lot of grey area. This is why having a tuner that knows what he/she is doing is invaluable. And to that end, consistent logging, and accurate recording of weather and run conditions is vital in giving a true assessment of any tune.

The knock isn't that bad, but in your latest log, I wonder if the timing being pulled in the 5000 rpm range doesn't have something to do with the torque converter locking up. Notice that the rpm actually drops from 5057 to 5033 rpm.

I plotted rpm versus mph and it looks like the torque converter is trying to lock up between 5000 and 5500 rpm. Above 5500 rpm, the relationship is linear.

Just thinking out loud.

untitled.thumb.JPG.a220b6377e75f20791f0958a61e329b7.JPG

It's not optimal, but if that has some heatsoak on the IC, then your tune is pretty good. It could use a tweak, but nothing that is needed immediately or impending engine damage will occur.

Logs have to be interpreted with alot of finesse, knowledge of engine combo, and hosts of other variables. It is not a simple black & white picture, there is a lot of grey area. This is why having a tuner that knows what he/she is doing is invaluable. And to that end, consistent logging, and accurate recording of weather and run conditions is vital in giving a true assessment of any tune.

Thanks for all the insight guys. I value all of your comments :)

Yes the last run probably does have the most heat soak. It was literally a few seconds after the 2k-90 mph run.

The knock isn't that bad, but in your latest log, I wonder if the timing being pulled in the 5000 rpm range doesn't have something to do with the torque converter locking up. Notice that the rpm actually drops from 5057 to 5033 rpm.

I plotted rpm versus mph and it looks like the torque converter is trying to lock up between 5000 and 5500 rpm. Above 5500 rpm, the relationship is linear.

Just thinking out loud.

EDIT: Just checked, and all most all of my logs(stage one and 2) the rpm's dip then increase anywhere from 4800-5000 rpm.

I'm assuming if we could locked the TC the 5eats would be a little faster.

Archived