LegacyGT.com

Outback's first time at the track!

Well, my buddy had to drag me to the track and I figured I'd run a low 15 and have to figure out how to dip into the 14s. Well, first run was an easy 14.67@93.85 and second and last run was 14.47@93.67 launching at 5000rpm with a firm clutch release. Admitedly, it was a cool 54 degrees with 100% humidity but I'm pretty pleased with the 'Ooomph' of my XT wagon! dave

[quote name='KTM 525']Is'nt 100% humidity called rain? LOL[/QUOTE] Actually, it had been raining off and on all day but we caught a couple of fairly dry hours. I usually have a Mustang GT I take to the "strip" but it was nice to see the Subee faster than quite a few early 90s GTs. D

[quote name='gtguy']Hey, people should say "strip" instead of "track." Some of us see "track" and think that there were actual laps, and turning involved. :lol: Kevin[/QUOTE] If the word "track" was used in the title at NASIOC, the thread starter would be flamed to no end. I'll never understand why its so bad to refer to a drag strip as a race track.

[quote name='plunk10']If the word "track" was used in the title at NASIOC, the thread starter would be flamed to no end. I'll never understand why its so bad to refer to a drag strip as a race track.[/QUOTE] It isn't bad, just confusing. I would never take my car to the drag strip, but track days interest me. Hence, my mostly humorous comment. Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
Its not the suspension, the tires would give up first. Having the outback at Watkins glen would be interesting. I think after wetting my pants going through the esses at I would probably see my life flash before my eyes as my rotors warped then melted as I tried to brake before the bus stop.

[quote name='plunk10']If the word "track" was used in the title at NASIOC, the thread starter would be flamed to no end. I'll never understand why its so bad to refer to a drag strip as a race track.[/QUOTE] And that's why we sold our WRX's and bought LGTs and OBs and are on this forum now. Same fun, less BS. :D

[quote name='Patagonian GT']And that's why we sold our WRX's and bought LGTs and OBs and are on this forum now. Same fun, less BS. :D[/QUOTE] Absolutely - couldn't agree more! And glad of it. SBT (Grateful for this site)
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived