LegacyGT.com

05 STGII Manual LGT vs 06 STGII 5EAT LGT

srgdrum

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do it all the time. Why do you say that? A couple mis-haps in thousands and thousands of cars?

Who said $1700? What's that for? New converter? (blown tranny "things"LOL) Maybe a Spacely Spocket, or a Coggswell cogg?

I seen a few center diff threads, maybe a front diff, a few bearings here and there......

If my tranny blows can you rebuild it :)

I do it all the time. Why do you say that? A couple mis-haps in thousands and thousands of cars?

Who said $1700? What's that for? New converter? (blown tranny "things"LOL) Maybe a Spacely Spocket, or a Coggswell cogg?

I seen a few center diff threads, maybe a front diff, a few bearings here and there......

Lets just say you have been warned....& if you think when it does go & it will you can get a upgraded tranny for 1,700........:lol::lol:

Try 3 times that figure & that is on the low side, contact IPT and talk with Scott

Good luck!!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

scott, i think its driver error, you walked me on the highway when i went 14.2@96, and your not fasterthan that, must be driver error.

practice will help for sure.

Whatev Speedy! :) I know I had a crap 60 time but it wasn't so much to make that big a difference. I really think I have my MAPs screwed up. I need to find out if my base map and real time map should or can match.

My base is TDC Stg II but my real time map doesn't have that available. When I switch map to STGII 93 Octane there is no difference at all.

I need to try to get the TDC map loaded as a real time map too I think. If I'm wrong someone school me!

Drum - Can I log your car sometime this week?

Yes please! Tried to call you back but your phone was off. Gonna try again a little later.

You should see the nice new Forester Sports 2.5 XT that's sitting in my driveway right now! Nice car.

It's loaner while they replace my trip computer on a TSB and turn my rotors.

We bought wifey a Forester X a week ago. Nice little car. My XT loaner is what I wish we could have afforded!

Guest JessterCPA

I ran 15.1 in my bone stock 05 LGT 5eat, and I am far from the best driver. I would think the Stg 2 would be quite a bit faster.

Jesse

Lets just say you have been warned....& if you think when it does go & it will you can get a upgraded tranny for 1,700........:lol::lol:

Try 3 times that figure & that is on the low side, contact IPT and talk with Scott

Good luck!!

Rigoili, ESX, and all fast drag subarus are auto.

I have an 800HP auto.

I'm building another.

You've been warned!:cool:

Don't tell me what you don't know.

BTW, congrats on the time. That is awesome. I think once we get Drum sorted out he will be closer, but you have set a high bar.

Your car is the fast3st! :icon_twis:icon_evil:icon_twis

looks for 12's soon, same set up, no more mods

also, can you log me sometime, ap2.0

I have an 800HP auto.

I'm building another.

How much for you to build me one? :)

Just curious, after how many miles did your wrx need to have its tranny rebuilt?

offtopic: Do you have a tool that can be used to remove the tophats of the strut. Apparently awdxboost had a hardtime installing his springs without one, but I may come down to richmond if you have such a tool :)

I have an 800HP auto.

I'm building another.

On a professionally built tranny anything is possible....

"don't tell me what I dont know".......??????

Listen buddy I am far from a expert & do not claim to be one I offer my suggestions, take it or leave it

but watch the attitude;)

This is my point....if you want BIG POWR, you NEED an automatic. It's a proven FACT.

700-900HP will suck with a MANUAL . Too much drivetrain SHOCK. Snapped axles, broken tranny gears, blown diffs all happen on the manuals. Enjoy that fun!

Lookat Busher Racing, ESX, John Shepperd, all love the autos!

Ours is good, if you know what you are doing, and will NOT cost as much as a racing manual, AND you get faster times. All Subaru racing teams tried this (hardheaded) than moved on to the auto

My attitude comes when people try to give me a warning. Don't like that.

I agree with that totally...

Unfortunately for DD use I would really question the smoothness & drivebility.

We have a member that Just had IPT build a tranny for them & it is beefed up nut in no means a high horepower setup & it set him back over 6k.

As you mentioned though speed does cost $$$ but once it effects reliability that is where the mods stop.....

No mega horsepower for me 400whp/390ftlbs will make me happy:):)

I agree with that totally...

Unfortunately for DD use I would really question the smoothness & drivebility.

We have a member that Just had IPT build a tranny for them & it is beefed up nut in no means a high horepower setup & it set him back over 6k.

As you mentioned though speed does cost $$$ but once it effects reliability that is where the mods stop.....

No mega horsepower for me 400whp/390ftlbs will make me happy:):)

One person with a 13sec car is not going to make me go out and rush to get that service done to my tranny. I thought it was hellaexpensive for not much good stuffIMO I pay up to $800 for a tranny to be pulled, cleaned, and reassembled and installed. Add another $100 for the AWD factor, which really isn't all that much more labor. Then add some parts and valvebody work.....converter, maybe $2-3000 at the most! I'll show you later this summer, I have a ton of things going on at the moment.

On Subarus, I pull and install myself. Soooo easy. I love the lightweight stuff on the imports vs/ heavy US Iron.

Let's see some results. Go out and run a number to be proud of. Than I may consider that shop.

For the money spent I was shocked as well...I am basically running a stock tranny & I have not run the 1/4 with my current setup but am positive I have a 12.6-12.8sec car ( I ran @ the local 1/8th 2 months ago & ran a 7.93 @ just under 90mph, 60ft was pretty soft @ 1.86) in it's current setup.

Once the new turbo is installed I'm hoping for a very low 12 sec car & yes I will be doing it on the stock tranny.

Just going very easy on the launches.

Seperating the tranny cooler from the 200degree radiator, will help.

Adding aux.cooler, is better.

Lower thermostat in engine, why not? It helps, if the radiator shares space with the tranny stuff. It helps the tranny fluid get warm for normal shifting sooner, but I want HARSH shifting, with no clutchs burnt. SO I don't want my tranny temp that high. Besides, I'm going to be making MORE HEAT with added slippage from the converter as you add on torque.

Heat kills autos, not power........Remember that!

Clutches get smoked, converters get damaged, lots of plastic and nylon parts get damaged over 200 degrees.

For the money spent I was shocked as well...I am basically running a stock tranny & I have not run the 1/4 with my current setup but am positive I have a 12.6-12.8sec car ( I ran @ the local 1/8th 2 months ago & ran a 7.93 @ just under 90mph, 60ft was pretty soft @ 1.86) in it's current setup.

Once the new turbo is installed I'm hoping for a very low 12 sec car & yes I will be doing it on the stock tranny.

Just going very easy on the launches.

Nice!! That's a fast ride.

Looking at 110-112MPH and a easy 12.

Seperating the tranny cooler from the 200degree radiator, will help.

Adding aux.cooler, is better.

Lower thermostat in engine, why not? It helps, if the radiator shares space with the tranny stuff. It helps the tranny fluid get warm for normal shifting sooner, but I want HARSH shifting, with no clutchs burnt. SO I don't want my tranny temp that high. Besides, I'm going to be making MORE HEAT with added slippage from the converter as you add on torque.

Heat kills autos, not power........Remember that!

Clutches get smoked, converters get damaged, lots of plastic and nylon parts get damaged over 200 degrees.

How much are upgraded clutches, and valvebody work(i know are around 300), better pump and converter?

What do you recommend doing to the tranny at stage 2 levels (230 whp)

I have a tru-cool tranny cooler sitting in my back seat waiting to be installed*

Um yeah.. All good info. Thanks everyone for sharing! If anyone was wondering about me and my slow times I think one thing got figured. Like the dumb ass I am I didn't have the TDC STGII real time map loaded. Got it now. Drove the car for a little bit. Muchos Danke to TUNED200 and REM870!

I'll have more time with it tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help and the info my friends!

Now for that tranny cooler...

S

Archived