LegacyGT.com

Can someone give me a 0-60 for 07 obw h6

Manual shift turbos are geared higher numerically and thus generally sprint faster (until you destroy the clutch). The recent Spec B test on TV reported 6.5 seconds.

Various magazines have tested 3.0's at anywhere from 7.9 to 8.8. I did a casual stopwatch test of mine and it was around 8.5 seconds. Rolling from speeds of 40 up to 85 or so there is little difference with a stock 5EAT turbo.

When was the last time you accelerated 0-60? It's an almost meaningless performance measure for a road car.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I read somewhere else that somebody said that same thing. So why does everyone modify their engines. It seems like 0-60 is the best way to tell how fast cars are. Most speed limits are up to 35 45 65 75. How do you usually get to that speed but put your foot down and go.

I agree.. 0-60 times are pointless for cars, for the most part. I can understand why people do ECU tunes on their cars, but anything more than that is pointless unless you are taking your car to the drag strip. And if you want to drag race, buy an American V8 with a 4 speed auto.

I'd much rather see car manufacturers competing in the 50-100 time.

They (0-60) aren't pointless. They are a measurement of acceleration time to a given speed. No more and no less.

I read somewhere else that somebody said that same thing. So why does everyone modify their engines. It seems like 0-60 is the best way to tell how fast cars are. Most speed limits are up to 35 45 65 75. How do you usually get to that speed but put your foot down and go.

Unfortunately, the importance of 0-60 to the youth market has resulted in some of the worlds best road cars being geared down [higher numerically] for the US market.

You'll find that most car magazines provide other acceleration tests as well: rolling 5-60; 30-50; and top gear 50-70. They're more appropriate to real world requirements like merging on a highway or passing a truck on a two lane road. And they minimize the difference when car A might require a 2-3 shift to reach 60 while car B can reach it in 2nd.

In the CR tests (only mentioned because they're one of the few to test most Subaru models), the LGT auto was two tenths of a second faster than the H6 from 45-65. That's about one car length. Informal comparison tests with a 5EAT LGT give it a 3-4 car lengths up to 80 or 85, when it begins to pull away steadily.

If you want the fastest possible 0-60 time from a Subaru, buy a manual LGT. But if you drive a lot and want to sustain a high average speed in any conditions, the choice of H6 versus 2.5T, and trans, means a lot less.

In most of the snowbelt tires would make a bigger difference than any of the above.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I don't know if it is correct to call it "performance issues".. I haven't got access to another LGT/OBXT to compare it to, I was just expecting more. But now that Camrys have more power from the factory, these are hardly high-performance vehicles.

I'm just asking you about your remapping because I'm thinking that the aftermarket maps aren't very sophisticated. They may work well within a limited range of conditions but might not have the capability to handle a broad range such as powering up a hill in diminishing O2 density.

Engines in race cars are set up to run in a very limited range of conditions. Temperature range of ~5*F, specific humidities, fuel quality, etc. They'll go like hell in the conditions they are set up for but suck a$$ if even one of the parameters is not met or exceeded.

Now, were you getting waxed by Ford Tempos and mini vans before you went to Stage I because there have been discussions about the failings of certain maps by Cobb as opposed to TDC?

Archived