LegacyGT.com

2007 Spec B on Motor Week

Dong Homez

Everybody is missing the part where they say they ran the car in "sport sharp". That limits the throttle to 98% for some reason, and therefore makes less power:

I had suspected this. When I attended the first Spec B briefing in Japan, buried in all the facts and figures was the graphs for the throttle response behavior of each mode. Intelligent mode was locked down to a maximum throttle opening of 40%, a large reason for the gas savings. Sports Sharp mode felt livelier because they increased the ramp-up rate of throttle response. What that means is that by the time the actual gas pedal has reached about 50-60%, the throttle is opened to 98%. However, it does not go beyond 98%! The only mode where it does is the normal Sports mode, which was shown on the dyno. Sports mode showed the highest figures, 214whp vs 208whp in Sports Sharp mode. It reached these figures at 15.8psi of boost, vs. 15.5psi in Sports Sharp.

That said, this is another reason why you CAN NOT look at 0-60 numbers as a consistent measure for power, there are to many other variables...

Just a reminder, because of the thickness of Vimy's skull (is there any room for his brain?) I do not respond to his posts, or try to convince him of anything, take my advice and do the same. And I know I just gave him some ammunition, for that I am sorry...

Archived